Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #141
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Im not seeing any waist issue or any body proportion issues looks fine.. but where the marlins at
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #142
Lockdown
Mephisto

Namor's lats muscles are huge, maybe that's what is causing the out of proportion relating to the rest of his body. Reminds me of Bruce Lee's back when he is flexing. Maybe have those muscles smaller a bit, even though competitive swimmers have long, large upper body and torso,and their lower half seems shorter.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #143
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Lol....yeah I guess you are right. We imperious Rexes are able to not be perfect.

Quite honestly, I don't see the waist issue...or moreso the thigh issue? Please explain (cue Coneheads).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
Namor's lats muscles are huge, maybe that's what is causing the out of proportion relating to the rest of his body. Reminds me of Bruce Lee's back when he is flexing. Maybe have those muscles smaller a bit, even though competitive swimmers have long, large upper body and torso,and their lower half seems shorter.
Lockdown has it. His wingspread is massive and there's very little separation between the bottom of his lats and his hips. It gives a very disproportionate look. I personally don't feel Namor should be that thick. He's a swimmer. Sure, his shoulders and delts would be insane, but his back shouldn't be that wide. His legs look a bit to short too. That could very well be the angle and the black background throwing it off. Being so squat and top heavy doesn't help dissuade that illusion though.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #144
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixGz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

Best way to explain is to show a comparison. Although the first pic is a full body shot it's almost the same angle as the second pic, so you can see how big his waist is compared to his chest in that first pic. Now if you look at the second pic, his waist is nicely proportioned to his chest.

Namor is not built like a 330 lbs linebacker, IIRC, so I was expecting more of the second pic.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #145
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Yea im kinda seeing what u guys talking about now...
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #146
Demona
Martian Manhunter

First things first -- I enjoy the base so much more without the marlins. They were too much. The badass Kracken is perfect. Unique, is a great representation of the character and is small! Keep it like this. I imagine the paint apps will pop. Smart move on this that less is more.

Now onto Namor. I agree with those who think he's looking short. Squatting or not, he's not proportioned correctly on his bottom half. This could be because his upper half looks roided out. I'm not sure why there was such a dramatic turn from the first render of just Namor to this, but please ponder the idea of going back to something resembling the orignal render.

If you'd like a swimmer to model Namor after, I suggest Christian Sprenger. He is a smokin hot Aussie Olympic swimmer. If I was Sue Richards, I'd leave Reed for him in a heatbeat And after googling their body stats, they are similar in stature!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #147
AC_808
Hercules

Also ...in addition, with a wide waist, the thighs are going to be wide, too ...since the thighs are connected to his waist. So that adds to the "short thighs" illusion.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #148
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
First things first -- I enjoy the base so much more without the marlins. They were too much. The badass Kracken is perfect. Unique, is a great representation of the character and is small! Keep it like this. I imagine the paint apps will pop. Smart move on this that less is more.

Now onto Namor. I agree with those who think he's looking short. Squatting or not, he's not proportioned correctly on his bottom half. This could be because his upper half looks roided out. I'm not sure why there was such a dramatic turn from the first render of just Namor to this, but please ponder the idea of going back to something resembling the orignal render.

If you'd like a swimmer to model Namor after, I suggest Christian Sprenger. He is a smokin hot Aussie Olympic swimmer. If I was Sue Richards, I'd leave Reed for him in a heatbeat And after googling their body stats, they are similar in stature!
I like the Marlins. But still looks great! Not sure if I need this guy with so many coming. Was never a huge fan of this guy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #149
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yup I pointed out a few of these things in a local forum, mostly the waist being a tad too wide. Namor is often depicted with huge lats (probably to increase the difference between torso and waist), so that part doesn't bother me. Super-ripped back, dunno, it depends on the paint app. Ant Man has similar back muscles and it's not disturbing.
Still, I'm loving it
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #150
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Yea im kinda seeing what u guys talking about now...
Same here. Waist should be about 10 waist size difference...if I understand correctly.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote