Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 04-14-2020, 03:04 AM   #751
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
I really like the gun replica... but it would not go through the Custom office in germany I guess
That is just a simple Denix conversion into a Merr Sonn Power 5 Imperial blaster, so don't think it wouldn't go through EU. In fact I got this from France in 2013, and both me and the seller being in EU, there was no customs.

My blaster collection is here, top is Master Replicas, below that is genuine ANH conversion all with real parts, below is the ROTJ real MGC conversion (one of the rarest pieces - I've only seen about a dozen MGC Sterling conversions) and the last is the Merr Sonn made from the Denix:

The thing is that no licensed replicas like Master Replicas or EFX come even close to genuine conversions in feel and accuracy.

And the Merr Sonn Imperial blaster as seen in Death Star scenes and in Leia's hands on Star Wars Costumes book:

jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:16 AM   #752
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

AWESOME !!!! Thanks for the pictures! Leia looks so great with this blaster and to have a replica is outstanding!

WHICH blaster is your personal favorite?
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:12 AM   #753
jkno4u

Quote:
AWESOME !!!! Thanks for the pictures! Leia looks so great with this blaster and to have a replica is outstanding!

WHICH blaster is your personal favorite?
My personal favorite blaster from Star Wars remains the E-11, both ANH and ROTJ renditions. It was used by villains, but also by most heroes (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando). In ANH they used Sterling Mk4 L2A3 SMGs with a few greeblies (parts) on them to make them more sci-fi (real M38/M40 or M19/M32 Sherman tank scopes, Hengstler mechanical counters, plastic t-tracks - exactly like the ones used on lightsabers - and magazine cylinders from radar parts).

Some Hengstlers even fell off, because they were only glued on, and you can see a scene with Luke's E-11 missing the counter, and the glue residue on the side.

Master Replicas made a nice ANH E-11 blaster, but pretty bare, it lacked the Hengstler counter on side and mag cylinders, though MR had a prototype with all of those, sadly never released. The proto is owned by a Rebelscum member:

In ESB they used the Mk4 again, but without all the greeblies and only with M19/M32 scope. They also used a set of resin Stunt E-11 with different side greeblies, some people call it Pugman, you can see it in hands of some Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers, as well as in Leia promo shots.

Pugman type resin Stunt blaster:

In ROTJ no more Mk4, but they again used the Pugman resin blaster on some Death Star scenes and on Endor, but for Hero shots they used the Model Gun Corporation Japan (MGC) replica of a Canadian C1 Sterling. This was similar to what an airsoft is today. The MGC company made all kind of pistols and guns replicas: Colt, Beretta, Mauser, Sterling etc.The rarest of them all is the MGC Sterling, you can get about 15 MGC Mausers before you can find a single MGC Sterling (MGC Mauser is perfect for ROTJ Han DL-44). Here is the ROTJ MGC E-11:

Both my ANH and ROTJ conversions were very hard to obtain and I wanted them since I was a kid - for the MGC I looked for over 3 years to find it, but I was lucky to buy one of the best conversions ever made. These 2 blasters will be the last items to leave my collection. Handling them gives you the feel you touch a blaster that Stormtroopers used in the movies. They are simply awesome!

If you are in Germany you have access to some of the best demilled Sterlings and Mausers as well as people who could help you get them and the parts needed to make a Star Wars type blaster.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #754
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, so much information! Thank you. They are magnificent!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #755
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Wow! Thx for the infos. I also looked for Sterlings and Mausers...
In Germany its not as easy as in USA with weapons. Even vintage weapons. You need permissions and ... BUT i think I will look for something maybe a replica to custom myself something one day.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #756
jkno4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW, so much information! Thank you. They are magnificent!
Thanks. I'm a big fan of Imperial blasters

Quote:
Wow! Thx for the infos. I also looked for Sterlings and Mausers...
In Germany its not as easy as in USA with weapons. Even vintage weapons. You need permissions and ... BUT i think I will look for something maybe a replica to custom myself something one day.
For customs you can try getting the FieldMarshall, it is full metal, an example of one built on RPF: https://www.therpf.com/forums/thread...-parts.307019/ and you can see one on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oG_8Dk9xIs. Or you can still buy the MR. All these if interested in very accurate metal ones. And then there are many resin E-11 blasters that are quite good.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:39 AM   #757
jkno4u

RS Prop Masters ANH Hero Stormtrooper helmet #98 arrived. Beautiful helmet:

Old 05-12-2020, 08:48 AM   #758
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Very nice! Did they acquire a different mould for the Hero helmet, or is this the same one they've been using for the other TKs?

The reason I ask is because it doesn't have the pimple on the top left that you usually see with the other RS helmets.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:24 AM   #759
jkno4u

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Very nice! Did they acquire a different mould for the Hero helmet, or is this the same one they've been using for the other TKs?

The reason I ask is because it doesn't have the pimple on the top left that you usually see with the other RS helmets.
Thanks. The Hero helmets never had that pimple. you can rea more info here: http://starwarshelmets.com/original-...or-helmets.htm

RS Prop Masters vs EFX Limited Edition (LE) Stormtrooper Hero helmets:

Old 07-06-2020, 02:39 AM   #760
jkno4u

The new cabinet I ordered a few months ago arrived. It is 155 cm tall, 50 cm in depth and 65 cm wide, and has lockable wheels, 6 mm thick glass doors and slow closing hinges on the doors. It comes with 4 shelves, which can be more up or down within 10 cm distance, but I'm only using 1 shelf for now. The cabinet would also fit a life-size bust if wanted to.

Right now I have the Attakus 1/5 Vader I and Stormtrooper on top shelf, and JudgeDredd 1/3 Stormtrooper statue on bottom. On top of the cabinet I have the old CinemaCast Vader statue. It took some time for this cabinet to be made and arrive to me, but I'm very glad it is finally here.