Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
cblakey1
Cyclops

And I'll get it back to you man.. in the same boxes they came in.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #12
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

At least you sent them two items. If you'd only sent one item and it was coming back in two boxes then you should be worried.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
cblakey1
Cyclops

*Shhhhhhhhh* I don't want to jinx myself but I think I WON!

Last night I got an email from eBaY stating the item was delivered and the $$ was automatically returned to the buyer.

Delivered, huh? Well that was news to me because I was outside when the mail arrived and I only got a stack of junk mail. Besides, how can an item leave Tampa FL on 7/18 and be in my hands in VA that afternoon? The USPS isn't that efficient (although I will follow up with my USPS today though just to make sure it wasn't delivered to the wrong address).

Anyway.. I called PayPal and eBaY to inquire why the $$ was released without them first verifying that I received the package.
The very helpful gal at the Resolution Center appealed the case for me and reversed the decision in the case, refunded the money to me on the first piece, and closed the case on the second piece, removing the hold on the PayPal funds.

*PHEW* What a relief! It was a lot of work for this small victory. My faith has been [partially] restored in eBaY!

Now I need to wait and see if the beatch tries to reverse the CC payment with PayPal.

Timeline attached showing reversed decision by eBaY. Do you think they could re-reverse the decision in the buyer's favor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timeline.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	73185  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Teague
Iron Man

Congrats, man! I hope I have the same luck here.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
*Shhhhhhhhh* I don't want to jinx myself but I think I WON!

Last night I got an email from eBaY stating the item was delivered and the $$ was automatically returned to the buyer.

Delivered, huh? Well that was news to me because I was outside when the mail arrived and I only got a stack of junk mail. Besides, how can an item leave Tampa FL on 7/18 and be in my hands in VA that afternoon? The USPS isn't that efficient (although I will follow up with my USPS today though just to make sure it wasn't delivered to the wrong address).

Anyway.. I called PayPal and eBaY to inquire why the $$ was released without them first verifying that I received the package.
The very helpful gal at the Resolution Center appealed the case for me and reversed the decision in the case, refunded the money to me on the first piece, and closed the case on the second piece, removing the hold on the PayPal funds.

*PHEW* What a relief! It was a lot of work for this small victory. My faith has been [partially] restored in eBaY!

Now I need to wait and see if the beatch tries to reverse the CC payment with PayPal.

Timeline attached showing reversed decision by eBaY. Do you think they could re-reverse the decision in the buyer's favor?
Hey c,

You probably already have seen it, but

there's a section at paypal about dealing with chargebacks, when you first log in you should see it.

Give em hell
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Congrats, man! I hope I have the same luck here.
Just get on the phone and give 'em crap, man. Last night I lost my voice yelling and I'm pretty sure I made up some new cuss words. I don't know.. it's all kind of a blur now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Hey c,

You probably already have seen it, but

there's a section at paypal about dealing with chargebacks, when you first log in you should see it.

Give em hell
Cool, I'll check it out. I was gonna call, but PayPal folks have no clue what they're doing.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
cblakey1
Cyclops

So, the packages arrived today and the scammer went all out to make sure this package did not get to me. Not only was there no name at all on the package, but the address they put on the boxes were 40 houses down.

Here are the two broken Elvira statues that were returned to me:

.. and the kicker is, they insured the "Smoking Simpson Aunt" for over $200.00 and the game (with a $5.99 price tag) for $305.00. WTF???

Watch out for scammers on eBaY, people. They are alive and well.

This scammer is good, but not that good. I'm filing federal mail fraud charges against the shipper and all associated names/addresses tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

WTF!!!!
hope it all turns out for you CB
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix v.2.0 View Post
WTF!!!!
hope it all turns out for you CB
HA! Well, I won my case(s) against the buyer on eBaY and I got the funds back, but I'm gonna try and make life miserable for all people at all addresses involved.

Gonna file small claims cases against them as well (and maybe even call their local cops).
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
cblakey1
Cyclops

.. at least the Simpsons piece is numbered and I can flip 'er on the BaY!