Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #61
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

As much as it hurts, I'm gonna have to agree with Bat_Collector and say that "Batman and Robin" # 1 was great!! Good way to start the series. Sure Morrison gets crazy but I think when he works with Quitely, he keeps him a little more coherent and grounded.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #62
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco View Post
As much as it hurts, I'm gonna have to agree with Bat_Collector and say that "Batman and Robin" # 1 was great!! Good way to start the series. Sure Morrison gets crazy but I think when he works with Quitely, he keeps him a little more coherent and grounded.
I SO want to get this book.......I was planning on holding out for the tpb.....maybe after next pay day.....
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #63
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Batman and Robin #1
DC Comics
Written by: Grant Morrison
Drawn by: Frank Quitely

Speaking on behalf of the Mighty Reviewers, none of us bought “Batman and Robin”. For several reasons, first, none of us believe Bruce Wayne is dead. He will be back and all this other bullsh** is just hype. Second, Grant Morrison made the X-men retarded, he’s made Batman retarded, and well, we won’t pay $4 for retarded. Also, Damien. I guess he’s the new Robin. Possibly the single most retarded character to ever come to comics in the last 10 years. Damien, yeah, that name sucks, he’s a little bi**, and no one cares. It’s bad enough Jason Todd came back, but Damien had to come into play. Really. Damien. No one cares. What could have been the awesomeness of Dick Grayson being Batman has now become the retarded with the addition of Damien and Grant Morrison. Anyway, we aren’t buying this book, and we don’t really care if anyone else does, if you choose to that is your right and we aren’t going to stop you. We just wanted to say, as your reviewers, that in no way to we give a flying rat crap about that retarded sh**. Thank you.
I understand completely why you wouldn't pick it up. I did, and I had mixed feelings... there's something there, but it certainly isn't "All-Star Superman", which I think many will assume due to the same creative team, plus the fact that it's a 12-issue series. Anyone expecting that same level of storycraft and attention to character history will be in for a disappointment. Okay, enough about that.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote