bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Awesome pics bd!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #1172
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #1173
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. This piece is epic! I’m not sure I’ll ever need another Superman statue....

This pic makes me wish that P1 would do a Batman on this base, standing upright, with a fabric cape option. That would be amazing. This Batman looks great, but I just can't get past the height difference between the two of them with Batman crouching like that.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #1174
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think it was very intentional though because Superman is made as if he's flying/floating/whatever, and if you do a Batman standing straight up it lessens the "illusion" that Superman is flying. If Batman is standing upright, then optically Superman is floating like 2 inches off the ground.

I know at the end of the day it's still all kind of the same thing, but I think the poses makes sense together.

Now if you ONLY wanted Batman, I get wishing he was more upright. I still think the pose is great as-is, it's unique.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #1175
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I think it was very intentional though because Superman is made as if he's flying/floating/whatever, and if you do a Batman standing straight up it lessens the "illusion" that Superman is flying. If Batman is standing upright, then optically Superman is floating like 2 inches off the ground.

I know at the end of the day it's still all kind of the same thing, but I think the poses makes sense together.

Now if you ONLY wanted Batman, I get wishing he was more upright. I still think the pose is great as-is, it's unique.
Oh, I agree that the intent and that the current pose makes sense, I would just personally rather have a standing Batman with a fabric cape. It would lessen but not eliminate the illusion of Superman flying and for me it would just look more balanced display-wise.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #1176
ram O
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post

Exactly Bats is intended to be jumping off a building and would look great if you was to place him up high while Superman is floating on air. People just like to complain smh. Love both poses love my bats just waiting for my sculpted Supes.
ram O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #1177
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
This pic makes me wish that P1 would do a Batman on this base, standing upright, with a fabric cape option. That would be amazing.
The Superman base is so big you could probably set the AK Batman on the back of it without the spinner...I was gonna try it when I get mine just for S's & G's.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #1178
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Got my shipping notification this morning, scheduled for Wednesday delivery to the MD\DC area via DHL. Fingers crossed that everything arrives safe and sound with a nice clean paint app.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #1179
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This statue is a definite no-brainer purchase (if your bank account and space allotment doesn’t scream) for every statue collector considering him or herself a Superman fan. With Superman being my favorite superhero, the 1/3 size was a bit daunting, but I pulled the trigger and...just, wow.

Love everything artistic about the statue.

Technically, I’m a little concerned about the future condition of the fabric attach pieces of the cape. There are two, small plastic/rubbery pieces, attached at either end of the cape’s top, that slide into a slot on either side of the statue’s neck/chest area. The pieces have to be removed every time you change out the head portrait. And all three portraits are good, so I see myself switching them out every couple of weeks or so. Hopefully, this will not become a wearing issues as time goes.

Regardless, this is a minor point when I just find myself admiring the statue’s presence and artistry. Well done, Prime 1.

Also, a huge appreciation to artist, Sunny Lee, for the great Superman art in the background!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	773BC51A-8320-4DC0-9B62-57A4951B9E1A.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	123435  
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #1180
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Hush Superman is scheduled for Wednesday delivery, so I set up his display spot & it's ready to go. The last 48 hours of waiting is always the worst.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190520_203735.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	123491