Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just LOVE how everybody who is just now coming to the XM bandwagon has some grand comment on how XM should run thing. How XM should do this. How XM should do that.

Maybe stop and think that the train ISN'T out of the control. Maybe they are just popular, have sane edition sizes and are held back by stringent license issues (not their fault). People just want things changed so it's easier for THEM and not XM.

XM's system isn't broke. No need to fix it. If you want to take a ride on the XM train then suck it up, buttercup, and play within their system.

And for the record, XM has stated that POs through their site go up only when complete and painted. If YOU chose to go thru a third party or PO at a convention, that's on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if you dont like it, dont order
Ding ding -- we have a winner
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #12
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Silly forum subject. You can't blame others for your actions.
Yes i can. I'm blaming my parents for not being and living in Indonesia each time i see a XM release
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

The pre-orders at the comic con were just for those who wanted to pre-order based off WIP or Artist Renderings. And the number of statue that were up for pre-order were capped, I think it was like 10% of the total Edition Size of each statue. The official pre-orders haven't happen yet and XM does post finished painted pictures of the statues before the official pre-order starts.

The problem is the demand for the more popular characters that XM is doing is causing people to pre-order early with their contacts and send them money.

I prefer my contact he won't take any money until the official pre-order but he will allow you to reserve a spot for the pre-order. Then when the pre-order starts he will confirm if you still want it and if you do you just send him the Deposit....

I'm more comfortable dealing with people like this then guys who want money several months before the pre-order starts. I did that with Mark in the beginning and got stiffed $400 in deposits as I never received statues or refunds from him.

As for delivery dates it's a guessing game as the factories are the deciding factor on when things get shipped. If the factory falls behind so does the delivery date.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #14
slynger
Hellboy

I locked up an Optimus Prime from XM and he isn't painted, he isn't even printed. But after seeing my Captain America in-hand, the Boba Fett and Honorary Cap that I have on PO, not to mention the countless other amazing pieces they showed, I have zero reservations about XM's upcoming pieces.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

It may be frustrating to those that cant easily get their pieces but XM's pre ordering practiced have paid off for them. No need to change it. IF they ever get a worldwide license for Marvel then the pandemonium will really start.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #16
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just LOVE how everybody who is just now coming to the XM bandwagon has some grand comment on how XM should run thing. How XM should do this. How XM should do that.

Maybe stop and think that the train ISN'T out of the control. Maybe they are just popular, have sane edition sizes and are held back by stringent license issues (not their fault). People just want things changed so it's easier for THEM and not XM.

XM's system isn't broke. No need to fix it. If you want to take a ride on the XM train then suck it up, buttercup, and play within their system.

And for the record, XM has stated that POs through their site go up only when complete and painted. If YOU chose to go thru a third party or PO at a convention, that's on you.

Ding ding -- we have a winner
Well it's not broken but there is clearly room for improvement, at least for the distribution.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #17
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

"The problem is the demand for the more popular characters that XM is doing is causing people to pre-order early with their contacts and send them money."

This is the issue.

The problem with waiting for XM's website PO is that it is usually too late to get the piece at cost or near cost. The A-listers sell out instantly. For the first time, XM's EU distributor is offering us non-Asians a chance to officially buy XM piece's before the mad rush. Unfortunately the prices are similar to what we pay through unofficial channels.

I think release dates (however inaccurate) can help to keep companies honest. PCS get bashed because we have a release date to judge them by. I think the moment you take deposits from a customer (be it website or convention) you owe them a date. Just my opinion.
archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #18
ambasah
Red Skull

I cannot think of a single company that has consistently delivered a statue "on time". It is the nature of the beast.

pre-ordering a statue before it is complete is always a gamble, although I would suggest it is an educated one when it comes to xm.

In the end, just be careful and try not to get caught up in it all. There are unfortunately a lot of sharks in the water if you know what I mean.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:22 PM   #19
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Well it's not broken but there is clearly room for improvement, at least for the distribution.
The distribution is hamstrung by the licensing, so again, I don't think it's fair to blame XM for that.

They can't help if the EU distributer is an a$$hat (that's just an example, I'm not sure if they are since I don't use them).

From an NA buyer side, the shipping is fair and FAST given the issues with licensing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #20
built2shred
Phoenix

Even Sideshow won't give you an exact date anymore, they will say like Jan 2017-March 2017 and even then they might still send you a delay notice...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote