Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #21
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
If they're going to be as inaccurate and cartoony as their Star Wars statues, count me out.
I hope it is more of a realistic take. I don't think Predators would look that good with a cartoony look. It would be a big miss if they go that route. They are highly detailed so would look exceptional with sharp details. Looking forward to what comes out.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 PM   #22
tulk
The Spirit

interesting!!!

XM has the most stylish concept IMO, can't wait to see what they come up with in this line..... (hopefully it can match Narin's creativity on predators)
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #23
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Terminator was announced a year ago and nothings come of that so im not holding my breath.
Not from XM. Terminator has never been talked about or pursued I don't think. I'm Terminated out anyways.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Not from XM. Terminator has never been talked about or pursued I don't think. I'm Terminated out anyways.
You have hinted at this line for a while, what else do you know? Dioramas? 1/4 scale? Using actual props etc
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #25
loricstone
Kang

My guesstimation is that this MAY be a movie and comic (in terms of characters) license. So, in essence, XM may have the ability to do maybe what Narin did with his Predators, in conjuction with separate movie versions. That's my guess.

And in all honesty, I am all for comic because of the wealth of characters that can be done. All you guys have to do is look at writing on the wall so to speak. Alejandro P who did the awesome Batman v. Predator works with XM, the artist Takeya has a bust released in conjuction with XM. It's not hard to see XM having their own great designs with HIVE and come up with their own Predator line.

How about a Warlord Predator, Samurai Predator, Female Predator, Berserker Predator, etc. etc. Seeing how popular and well done their Batman Samurai line is doing, and how well XM and HIVE come up with unique designs and more importantly dynamic poses, this is what I personally would like to see.

Heh...this isn't even the biggest news. I suspect XM will reveal the details and more on other things when they have the opportunity. Right now...ICC will be preoccupying them for the next few days.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #26
madmanny

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=135813&page=5 Hopefully Bryan sees this and gets this made
Old 09-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #27
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=135813&page=5 Hopefully Bryan sees this and gets this made
Honestly, the logistics on getting that done which is something I would personally love to get is challenging. Yes, XM has the Batman license and yes, seemingly, they have or are getting the Preddy license, but to have characters from different companies on board in a dio situation, that will be very, very, challenging.

Good thing is. Alejandro P posted on XM facebook page this bad boy. So....maybe it's a possibility....
Old 09-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #28
Lockdown
Mephisto

I remembered a while back when XM was asking people what statues/licences to produce. I asked them if they could make Alejandra Pereira's Batman vs Predator in 1/4, and they said they would love to. Today on XM's facebook, Alejandro P. posted a pic of this 3D sculpt as reply to the announcement, I was wondering can this be done with 2 different licenses? If this could be done, it'll be unbelievable.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #29
madmanny

I hope it's not super secretive like Star Wars
Old 09-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #30
Lockdown
Mephisto

That Batman vs Predator needs to be done!!! From what Alejandro said, this was based on DC/ Dark Horse comics.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote