Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #261
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I ordered an in-stock item 19 days ago and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm curious when it will arrive.
Unfortunately processing delays aren’t unusual for Prime 1. Their processing times are usually up to 2 weeks before they ship a piece out. Though 19 days is a bit too long. Though there supposedly have been occasions where they have already shipped the package out, and they just don’t inform you until it reaches the US.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 PM   #262
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Sweet! but my god...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #263
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Sideshow is what 2-3 dozen Prime 1 pieces behind now?

EDIT: About 31 pieces, including Ultimate/packaged variations etc.
Wow 31 pieces. Yea they aren't going to be carrying anything else. What a shame.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:44 AM   #264
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I spoke to SS customer service about this, and they had no official statement of course. IMO, it seems SS still wants to carry P1 stuff, but P1 is not sending over the listing info (probably tired of giving up 1/2 the sales money). Doesn't matter now that economy shipping is available. I still love both companies and wish they could come to a more fair agreement.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:28 PM   #265
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I wanted to bring this statue up and ask the question again about its scale/ability to be made.

Has anyone seen the question asked either on the P1 Facebook Collectors Group or somewhere else to an official rep asking about 1) The scale of this piece as the product page says 1/3 but it's clearly not, and 2) How they're able to even get away with making this considering it's 1/4?

I guess I'm curious more from the business side of it because from all appearances P1 can't make 1/4 DC statues (I guess the Injustice line is an exception because it's a video game license?) yet......here this one is. I'm just really intrigued as to whether or not Sideshow put up any kind of a legal challenge to stop this one from getting made and if they didn't, why not?
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:19 PM   #266
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I wanted to bring this statue up and ask the question again about its scale/ability to be made.

Has anyone seen the question asked either on the P1 Facebook Collectors Group or somewhere else to an official rep asking about 1) The scale of this piece as the product page says 1/3 but it's clearly not, and 2) How they're able to even get away with making this considering it's 1/4?

I guess I'm curious more from the business side of it because from all appearances P1 can't make 1/4 DC statues (I guess the Injustice line is an exception because it's a video game license?) yet......here this one is. I'm just really intrigued as to whether or not Sideshow put up any kind of a legal challenge to stop this one from getting made and if they didn't, why not?
Just look at the pictures. How could anyone think that is 1/4 is beyond me.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:53 PM   #267
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Maybe that was the final nail in the coffin with their Sideshow distribution deal.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:45 PM   #268
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
The statue is 25” tall total, and Batman is standing straight up. If it were 1/3 scale, Batman himself would be between 24-25”. 1/4 scale would be 18.5” which if you look at this statue appears to be the likely height of Batman considering the size of the base. And this isn’t even getting into how much bigger a motorcycle would be.

It may not be EXACTLY 1/4, but it’s sure not 1/3.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:15 PM   #269
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
That’s the thing. Most of us have seen the photos. In particular the one where it’s displayed between their 1/5 and 1/3 scale pieces. It’s tiny in comparison to the 1/3 beside it. How anyone thinks it’s actually 1/3 is in for a rude awakening when they get it in hand.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #270
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That’s the thing. Most of us have seen the photos. In particular the one where it’s displayed between their 1/5 and 1/3 scale pieces. It’s tiny in comparison to the 1/3 beside it. How anyone thinks it’s actually 1/3 is in for a rude awakening when they get it in hand.
That comparison pic is on pg 7 of this thread for reference.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote