Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 10-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #11
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Arcee and Shockwave are now large scale??!! Man thats disappointing. Arcee especially in the LOC scale is worth the price to me. But as a $1000 plus USD statue. No Way! They are getting only one more large scale out of me and that,s Megatron to Match my Optimus Prime.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #12
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Arcee and Shockwave are now large scale??!! Man thats disappointing. Arcee especially in the LOC scale is worth the price to me. But as a $1000 plus USD statue. No Way! They are getting only one more large scale out of me and that,s Megatron to Match my Optimus Prime.
Shockwave is large.

Arcee is unknown. There was a vote and Large was winning. However a lot of people were voting blindly saying they want everything large and didn't even realise the vote had a picture of the Arcee sculpt in it.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:32 AM   #13
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Rodimus arrived today but was missing a piece. I reached out to IA and they said they would send out the replacement right away.

Pretty good customer service!
Which piece was missing?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #14
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

The logo on the base.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
off
The X-Men

Yep. The big autobot symbol on the front. I'm wondering if this was a return to BBTS. The box itself appeared opened but none of the pieces were unwrapped, or at least didn't appear to be so.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #16
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Strange. Has that been common? Is it supposed to be in a specific slot in the packaging, or is it supposed to be attached to the base? Via a magnet?

I'm still thinking of getting Rodimus. Despite never loving Rodimus, I'm trying to decide if it's the one piece that will encapsulate all that is Transformers to me - as I only want to have one (or two) Transformers in my collection (they're just too expensive, and characters I liked as a kid don't appeal to me as much now). The movie is all that really matters to me, and it'd be tough to find a better movie scene that this one.

How pleased is everyone with Rodimus?
Old 10-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #17
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Strange. Has that been common? Is it supposed to be in a specific slot in the packaging, or is it supposed to be attached to the base? Via a magnet?

I'm still thinking of getting Rodimus. Despite never loving Rodimus, I'm trying to decide if it's the one piece that will encapsulate all that is Transformers to me - as I only want to have one (or two) Transformers in my collection (they're just too expensive, and characters I liked as a kid don't appeal to me as much now). The movie is all that really matters to me, and it'd be tough to find a better movie scene that this one.

How pleased is everyone with Rodimus?
Mine came with everything. The Autobot symbol does have it's own spot inside the foam packing. Weird it wasn't included.

@Craig, did it look like the two rows of tape around the black foam was cut then taped again?

I'm happy with mine. I really don't like the pose with the gun because Rodimus's face looks constipated but him holding the MOL is iconic. They need to just focus on one pose with switchouts ala Optimus. I also don't like the lazy susan base. If it would turn on battery or electricity that would have been awesome. Instead they painted the two pieces black so when you turn it you can potentially scrape the paint off both circles. Plus it doesn't really go with any of the other Transformers bases.

I can't tell you what to get. The statues I buy are either characters I like or designs I will continue to look at. IMO the Matrix pose is iconic but you're paying for another pose you may not like. My other suggestion is the Grimlock/Sharkticon dio. Yes it's expensive but it's a centerpiece, another iconic moment and no switchouts so you know what your getting when you pay.

I've included some pictures. Poor Ultra Magnus, he's been waiting to be displayed but he's such a good statue I don't know what arms I want to pose him with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3077.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	118067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3078.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	118068  
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #18
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Large Rodimus is out of stock, I plan to get the LOC Rodimus, UM, SW. SS and sell my large scales.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #19
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Thanks for the reply.

How easily does the base turn? Does it need decent force to start spinning? Does it 'lock' at all?

Grimlock looks damn impressive. I liked the Dinobots as a kid (Slag was my boy though), but now they're not my cup of tea.

The only other scene I would want (and it would probably be in addition to having Rodimus), would be to have Megatron becoming Galvatron. I've thought about that one a lot. Probably in the minority, because my idea would be for some translucent purple resin depicting the transformation effect, and partially painted Megatron on one side and Galvatron on the other. Most people probably want a straight-up statue of one or the other, but that is the only other iconic scene on the same level as Rodimus, to me.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #20
off
The X-Men

Sorry, it was mine that is missing the emblem. Craig posted my pic as we chat off the forum regularly. The tape was not cut that I noticed but the box had definitely been opened. The foam piece where the emblem should have been under it was there, so it's weird. First time for me missing a piece. IA said the replacement should be here within seven working days, so I'm happy.

Anyway, takes a lot of force to turn him, it's kind of pointless but I guess they were trying something new.

I really like Rodiums and as stated above, the matrix pose is iconic. I will never have him with the other pose. I like him more than Optimus but less than Ultra Magnus. Magnus and Soundwave are tops in my book.
off is offline   Reply With Quote