Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #21
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
My take on that was that she was prepping her act, like (what's his name) in the movie Broadcast News with Holly Hunter. I don't think, at that time, she was tearful over what she'd done.

Callahan, as far as bringing Kitty on so she would get caught, I don't know. I think she sees Kitty as a weak link and easy prey.

The Wolvie rhymming was great!!! You're right that this has been a great ride. I, too, am dreading the end of this creative team's run on AXM.
The way I read those words those, was Emma was saying that. So she knew what Kitty's capable of. Pryde for team leader!!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #22
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

thanks joe, that cover for three looks good... JR Jr's inside is pretty smoking as well.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

JR JR on Kirby's characters is always smoking. I loved what he did on Thor.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #24
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

man, I love these reviews. Agree or disagree on them (and I do occassionally) they are thoughtful and complete...and challenge my own thinking.

not to mention my buying plans!
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #25
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan
The way I read those words those, was Emma was saying that. So she knew what Kitty's capable of. Pryde for team leader!!

I see what you are saying totally. I guess I was just a bit thrown off because Kitty was narrating all issue and then I must have missed it all of the sudden when it was Emma talking...

I took all that stuff to be coming from kitty and just her telling how she has never trusted Emma...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #26
Jesse321
Galactus

The "stealth chick's" name in BOP is Gypsy.

Great reviews guys ... I still haven't read Eternals yet, going to read it tonight.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomen
man, I love these reviews. Agree or disagree on them (and I do occassionally) they are thoughtful and complete...and challenge my own thinking.

not to mention my buying plans!
Thanks, bomen! That's high praise, indeed. Thanks, Jesse, for the props as well.

Funny "Eternals" story. I forgot to pick up the book when I went to my lcs yesterday. I walked in today and botht the owner and one of his employees asked me why I was back so soon. I told them I forgot "The Eternals" and they both responded, aghast, together: "YOU FORGOT THE ETERNALS??!!" Everyone in the store turned and looked at me. OK, I felt a little goodnaturedly foolish and it was pretty funny. They know what a big JR JR fan I am.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #28
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Thanks, bomen! That's high praise, indeed. Thanks, Jesse, for the props as well.

Funny "Eternals" story. I forgot to pick up the book when I went to my lcs yesterday. I walked in today and botht the owner and one of his employees asked me why I was back so soon. I told them I forgot "The Eternals" and they both responded, aghast, together: "YOU FORGOT THE ETERNALS??!!" Everyone in the store turned and looked at me. OK, I felt a little goodnaturedly foolish and it was pretty funny. They know what a big JR JR fan I am.

the question is brother, did you get the dead sexy cover, or just the dope JR jr cover?

I know the DAWG got the dead sexy one...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #29
melike
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Regarding the Eternals i bet i get the painted cover I wish id get the jrjr cover or especially the coipel cover but the 'variants' never seem to be available - why make them so rare.
melike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #30
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
It was a great comic week wasn't it guys?

Man I read astonishing in my car before I even left the LCS parking lot.

F***in' Emma... I never trusted her... Her true colors are revealed and I can stand her even less now.

The scenes with Colossus and Shaw are the stand outs to me... Reminds me of the old days when Claemont and Romita JR were kickin butt on uncanny.

Not to mention and some may not agree. The homage to the famous wolvie panel in the sewers with Kitty...

Man the the memories...

I think Cap is consitantly one of my favorites and New Avengers and everything else I picked up just had me smiling yesterday...
awesome week!!! Ultimates 2, Justice, Flash, Constantine, eternals, astonishing xmen, not to mention the variants! Damn 70 bucks this week in books!
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote