Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Bobby C

Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #21
Vader
Ghost

I like it Bobby. It's looking amazing. Great likeness. In some of the pictures, it sometimes looks like Reeve's jaw goes further back which adds more meat to his face (makes his face wider). It makes his overall jaw look more squarish. Can you post a profile shot of your sculpt (side view)? It would be easier to test this theory by looking at the profile.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #22
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi vader oics coming tonight, I know what you mean on the back of the jaw line, my wife pointed that out as well, I think I jumped the likness factor up ALLOT! well I will let you gys be the judge, .
Thanks
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #23
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That looks great, and I'm not one to throw such compliments out lightly, look forward to seeing how this piece progresses.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #24
Vader
Ghost

Can't wait!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #25
patman
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

with so many CR superman projects going on, you can bet one thing.... this is the benchmark that everyone should strive for.

wow!
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
TOM S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Near as i can tell, Christopher Reeve is a really hard likeness to pull off successfully (because he had such strong,prominent features,that he could easily end up in the realm of caricature if the sculptor isn't careful). Have to say that your version of the actor is probably the most naturalistic i've seen (especially the corners of the mouth - quite subtle!) Great job so far!
TOM S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #27
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi Guys, thanks for stopping in , I love the opinions good or bad.
here is a bit of small tweaks, , Vader I will snap some side shots as soon as the battery charges.
still not happy I have some minor things on the lip region that bothers me. I do not want a puckered look at all, that is one of the biggest mistakes people make.
couple more days (I hope)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][IMG] .jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #28
Vader
Ghost

The black and white picture in this reference material is probably pretty close to the expression you've got on reeve. This may help you with the fine-tuning of the lips. It also shows you the depth of the jawline. So does the picture of him as clark at the top. It's looking great bobby. You're going to get this one perfect. After that, you will have conquered one of the hardest likenesses there is.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #29
Ozz
Frackin!

Bob, I showed the final picture to a couple of friends around, and they think we should lower the ears a bit - but not too much. What do you think?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #30
Bobby C

Hi Oz, maybe not a good ide, the head is looking down woch gives the illusion of them being high up, I will snap some shot sleter bro.