Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
furie
The X-Men

Carmine Infantino

Any fans here? What is Carmine know for?
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman.......... Also he was the Head guy of DC for a while.... He created the Silver Age Batgirl. He drew the Silver Age Flash.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Didn't he create Black Lightning?
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
furie
The X-Men

So, he's respected.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by furie
So, he's respected.
Very.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman, Spider-Woman.......... Also he was the Head guy of DC for a while.... He created the Silver Age Batgirl. He drew the Silver Age Flash.
HE didn't "create" the Silver Age Batgirl Black Lightning or any other DC Charactor, he just designed the the costumes. He is created with helping revamp Flash, Green Lantern and Legion, but these were already established charactors. Infantanio recently tried to sue DC for royalties (unsuccessfully) claiming he "created" both Flash and Batgirl.

Dave Co<s></s>ckrum designed dozens of Marvel charactors, but he's never been credited with thier creation either ... and I'm sure that most of you know that Stan Lee had to sue MArvel for royalties due him for prifts from the Spiderman movies.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #7
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
HE didn't "create" the Silver Age Batgirl Black Lightning or any other DC Charactor, he just designed the the costumes. He is created with helping revamp Flash, Green Lantern and Legion, but these were already established charactors. Infantanio recently tried to sue DC for royalties (unsuccessfully) claiming he "created" both Flash and Batgirl.

Dave Co<s></s>ckrum designed dozens of Marvel charactors, but he's never been credited with thier creation either ... and I'm sure that most of you know that Stan Lee had to sue MArvel for royalties due him for prifts from the Spiderman movies.
Boy Steve Ditko would hate you. I think creating the look of a character is part of the creation process.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Boy Steve Ditko would hate you. I think creating the look of a character is part of the creation process.
I agree. Artists seem to always get the backseat when it comes to giving credit to character creations. Without the visuals, the character is nothing.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna
I agree. Artists seem to always get the backseat when it comes to giving credit to character creations. Without the visuals, the character is nothing.
I agree, I never said they shouldn't get the credit, as far as I'm concerned they should at least get partical credit for the visuals.

But there's a BIG difference between designing a costume and creating a charactor. Alot of creators like Bob Kane, who created Batman from start to finish, Jack Kirby who created more charactors than I can remember still get creation credits, which is why thier names are still featured in any book with the charactors in it ... and right or wrong, that's the legal definition of "create" .. or at least that's the precident for now.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #10
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by furie
So, he's respected.
You bet he is! I first got into his work via Marvel's Star Wars comics, and I have to admit, it didn't impress me much at the time. But after learning more about his place in comics history, and especially after reading the first Silver Age Flash story, I was hooked on his stuff. The panels in the diner where Barry Allen sees the food "freeze" in the air is one of my favorite comic moments.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote