Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Adam Hughes and the San Diego Con Sketch Price Rumour!

Before I explain the content of this post, I'll just say here that I'm not interested in exchanging any differences of opinion regarding Adam Hughes' sketch policy at cons or whether you've had a disagreement with Allison or whatever. If you want to vent, feel free, I'm not fussed

I'm just trying to clear up a stupid rumour that apparently started at Adventure Con a few weeks ago which stated that Adam would be charging $10,000 for sketches at San Diego Comic Con - THIS IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, THERE IS NO TRUTH TO IT!

Allison has posted at Hughes-Fans refuting the rumour and I thought it would help to circulate her comments as follows:

"Hi all;

I was just made aware of a rumor that was going around at Adventure Con this past weekend. Apparently word on the street is that Adam will be sketching at San Diego for a mere $10,000 a sketch.

That's right; Ten Thousand Dollars.

I thought it was important to let everyone know that this is NOT in fact true. I don't know where this rumor started, but it can end here.

Many of you know that Adam didn't sketch at all at last year's San Diego Comic Con, and the year before that sketches were $400. I may be bold; but to go from $400 to $10,000 is beyond even my ability. So I wanted to state for the record that Adam will NOT be charging Ten Thousand Dollars for a San Diego Sketch this year.

In all seriousness, here is what we are considering doing for San Diego. Prior to the show, Adam will auction on Ebay one sketch per day of the show, probably for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Whoever wins the auctions gets their choice of a sketch. The pieces will be standard con sketches; not larger or inked or anything crazy; just the fabulous marker pieces he's been doing lately. And we may even be arranging for one of these pieces to be completed during a drawing demo, so folks can watch."

She later added that:

"The auction will state that people must be present at the convention to participate in the auction. They will have to show a photo ID to be able to get the drawing, to prevent someone else from collecting it."

So, if you hear the $10K rumour mentioned, please know that it is absolute nonsense. Thanks,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

geez, who would even believe that rumore? The pieces he does for the charity auctions don't even go for that much and he puts a lot of effort into those.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Now what am I going to spend the money on? I've been saving up for a couple years now.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
This might be a good way for people to finally get a character they want done by Hughes.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

If someone is stupid enough to pay Adam 10 grand for a sketch Adam should take the money and run.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
If someone is stupid enough to pay Adam 10 grand for a sketch Adam should take the money and run.
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
And for Allison to actually feel the need to refute the rumor is moronic at best. The fact that she thinks anyone might BELIEVE something so stupid is a sure sign of her conceit.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I was talking to some people I met at the Heroes Con last weekend and Hughes and Alliison came up. Never knew how well the incident here at the Forum with her a bit ago was so well known outside of our site.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I was talking to some people I met at the Heroes Con last weekend and Hughes and Alliison came up. Never knew how well the incident here at the Forum with her a bit ago was so well known outside of our site.
what happened?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I think it's cheap(no pun intended) for them to put the sketch up on ebay. Why not set a price and just do a lottery instead?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote