Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2014, 06:38 AM   #591
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That last picture above looks pretty good... Only thing I would of liked to seen was the cape being the same color as his boots, a darker red.

Given his body is made out of PVC I wonder if it will be leaning in a few years from now due to it's size..
In ambient room light the cape is slightly darker, but it is in fact lighter than the boots. I'm not sure how good it would have looked to make it as dark as the boots though. They are pretty dark.

Yeah, as long as there are no distortion issue over time, I don't care what the body is made of, since it's covered by this fantastically made suit.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #592
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Let side show keep producing cheap material statues,sooner or later collectors will shift to XM-studios or PCS since they are producing Marvel statues it's just a Matter of time and they'll start producing DC statues.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #593
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddmania View Post
Let side show keep producing cheap material statues,sooner or later collectors will shift to XM-studios or PCS since they are producing Marvel statues it's just a Matter of time and they'll start producing DC statues.
It seems that you did not read my previous post. By the way; be ready to pay double or triple.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #594
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Oh jpsarri, come on. No. Not this time, at least. This is wrong on so many levels I can't really see any excuse in Sideshow's defense.
Sideshow has a long term fanbase that wants polystone statues, and let's not fall into semantics that "polystone is still a plastic material". It's hypocritical, we all know what we expect from a STATUE. PVC may be the future or whatever, but nothing, and I mean nothing, should prevent Sideshow from informing the customers that they're not purchasing a polystone statue, but a PVC statue with a few polystone parts. We have Sideshow reps interacting in this very forum all the time, such an information must be disclosed.
This is unfair, it's a bad policy, and wrong. Even the longest time hardcore Sideshow fan cannot defend this behavior.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #595
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddmania View Post
IMO Side Show are getting cheaper and greedy by the day,and we are to blame because we still support them.
we should get what we paid for,if I wanted a PVC statue/figure I would buy bushido's from Kotobukiya.
Koto sells that 'way of samurai life' now? Cool, in for one!
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #596
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The same argument was had over the Boba Fett PF and see how that turned out. Its the only SW piece I have kept in my collection. Different materials will be used for different occasions depending upon the complexity of the piece. The quality of a piece is not and should not be based on how much it weighs but how it looks. If people are unhappy with how it looks then they should cancel.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #597
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm not arguing about the final result, Bulls. For what it matters, I think that for head sculpts PVC should be mandatory (like the Blitzway Bruce Lee). Either PVC, or intrinsic resin.

Also, the same argument happened for Arthas and the Droids. The fact that it happened before doesn't mean that it is legit or should happen on regular basis. The point here is not what Sideshow does with their product. They can make it out of glass or snowflakes, for what I care. The point is that customers should be warned ahead of time.
All this secrecy and bait and switch by Sideshow in the last pair of years are getting tiring.
I'd love Igo to chime in not to explain if PVC is better than polystone or whatelse, but to explain why the hell none of the customers has been warned upon purchase.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 AM   #598
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The same argument was had over the Boba Fett PF and see how that turned out. Its the only SW piece I have kept in my collection. Different materials will be used for different occasions depending upon the complexity of the piece. The quality of a piece is not and should not be based on how much it weighs but how it looks. If people are unhappy with how it looks then they should cancel.
It looks like crap. Also, quality of material should count for something and according to a lot of people that have him, he seems to be made of a "cheap feeling" plastic.

Sometimes I wonder if the people at sideshow know that they are sending out flawed products, or are they actually blind to all of this?

That's 2 pretty big flops in a row now. They need to pick it up. I can get so enthusiastic about some of their products, but when I see stuff like this, it really makes me consider giving up on buying from them. Besides Sideshow, I collect from Bowen, Hot toys and Koto, and they are much more consistent with the quality of their products.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #599
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
It looks like crap. Also, quality of material should count for something and according to a lot of people that have him, he seems to be made of a "cheap feeling" plastic.

Sometimes I wonder if the people at sideshow know that they are sending out flawed products, or are they actually blind to all of this?

That's 2 pretty big flops in a row now. They need to pick it up. I can get so enthusiastic about some of their products, but when I see stuff like this, it really makes me consider giving up on buying from them. Besides Sideshow, I collect from Bowen, Hot toys and Koto, and they are much more consistent with the quality of their products.
What looks like crap? Supes? Have you seen it in person.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #600
Thor57
Teen Titans

I'm not getting in the middle of the SS vs *insert any company here* again. Its stupid and sides are sides regardless of who is great or awful on particular pieces.

I also wont get into PVC vs Poly. I dont know enough about the difference, nor do I care as long as its quality. What I do have a problem with is this being second hand information after the fact. I dont have this, nor did I pre order it, so my facts arent up to date. What I'm reading though is this wasnt advertised at first as PVC? This info was discovered after the piece was sold and produced? If thats the case, whether its quality or not, expensive or cheap, thats not okay. Not being completely up front about a piece and how its made is not cool.

I will reserve full judgement until this is all out in the open, but man, I've been debating on whether to full invest in PCS MoTU line or SS CoTD line. If this information is 100% factual, I may have to go with MoTU off pure principle.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote