Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #111
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Looking at Buscema's Conan just sends shivers down my spine...there's almost a mystic quality to it

Hey I just acquired a Hard Hero Red Sonja..Just an amazingly beautiful piece..got it for a steal 250$..can't wait to get her!

Congrats Herc ...that's an official Sonja.

Yeah...I'll be thrilled if the Sacrifice looks like a Buscema Conan. His Cimmerian seemed to have that visceral aspect to it.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 AM   #112
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Yes I know Kelly did that one also. I have all the Frazetta prints ...he's my favorite. I loved Barry Smith's young Conan in Marvel and Bucema's Conan too.
I want to see what Troy did with the head sculpts. His SS fury reminds me of Bucema. I'll be happy with something like that.
Totally feel the same. Buscema has always been up there with Frazetta for me. Also his panels are so often simply amazing. Incredible talent. Sal said he was always drawing even on scraps of paper in spare time. He lived drawing. Stan Lee mentioned he would tell John a storyline over the phone and without taking notes the story would be done perfectly, just as Stan had envisioned it. What an inspiration.

Saw this few weeks back on a John Buscema site. One of my favorites of his. Don't know if the mouth is exaggerated or not but to me it works beautifully/perfectly and is Conan.

Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #113
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Congrats Herc ...that's an official Sonja.

Yeah...I'll be thrilled if the Sacrifice looks like a Buscema Conan. His Cimmerian seemed to have that visceral aspect to it.
Thanks brother..Arahom's Conan will be a combination of many of world renounced Conan artists actually...Norem, Vallejo, Kelly, Jusko, Bisley, Brom, etc...Best part is ARH comissioned Troy McDevitt to sculpt the 3 interchangeable Conan heads

Also got the Zula statue for a ridiculous $19.99..the seller has a fiew left here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Hero-Zu...item5af29b0d0c

Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #114
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

EDIT wrong thread, lol.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #115
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Totally feel the same. Buscema has always been up there with Frazetta for me. Also his panels are so often simply amazing. Incredible talent. Sal said he was always drawing even on scraps of paper in spare time. He lived drawing. Stan Lee mentioned he would tell John a storyline over the phone and without taking notes the story would be done perfectly, just as Stan had envisioned it. What an inspiration.

Saw this few weeks back on a John Buscema site. One of my favorites of his. Don't know if the mouth is exaggerated or not but to me it works beautifully/perfectly and is Conan.

Good stuff Nite...
Totally agree that sketch is a fantastic interpretation of Conan.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #116
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Thanks brother..Arahom's Conan will be a combination of many of world renounced Conan artists actually...Norem, Vallejo, Kelly, Jusko, Bisley, Brom, etc...Best part is ARH comissioned Troy McDevitt to sculpt the 3 interchangeable Conan heads.
I hope the mesh of all those artists styles translates well. I would be happy if it was just based on Buscema's Conan.
We will see in 30 days.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #117
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I hope the mesh of all those artists styles translates well. I would be happy if it was just based on Buscema's Conan.
We will see on 30 days.
I showed some awesome Buscema Conan artwork to Arahom as inspiration...this one seemed to impress him the most...
But definitely this statue will be a conglomerate of the Arahom's favorite works of some of the greatest world renowned Conan artists

Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #118
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I showed some awesome Buscema Conan artwork to Arahom as inspiration...this one seemed to impress him the most...
But definitely this statue will be a conglomerate of the Arahom's favorite works of some of the greatest world renowned Conan artists

Great artwork and great story....Conan in his prime surviving being crucified. This was an SSOC inside page if I remember correctly.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #119
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yep...Conan survived a crucifixion in this particular story which had many symbolic meanings..It is meant to convey Conan's unbreakable iron will and indomitable spirit...The traits that made him the most powerful and revered warrior of the Hyborian age and eventually a king..Probably my favorite sequence in Conan literature...

Old 09-11-2013, 03:41 AM   #120
Vracula
Jedi Order

FUark that was cool brah,thanks for posting.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote