Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #101
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
damn that ex is a game changer, totally transforms the piece for me... fawk now i want it. i have to decide how i would fit it in my display before ordering though
Order first then decide later !
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #102
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I'm going to ask a question. Those that hate the new 52 whats wrong with the classic sideshow version? i mean is Darkseid just not as popular as I think he should be?
I think the SS version is undersized. Yes the Classic Darkseid isn't as tall or wide as New 52 but IMO the classic should at least look more Imposing.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #103
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I think the SS version is undersized. Yes the Classic Darkseid isn't as tall or wide as New 52 but IMO the classic should at least look more Imposing.
Agreed. I know Darkseid varies in size and keeps getting bigger and bigger, but he was just too small for the display I envisioned. Especially when compared to the oversized SS Batman. I think he was also a bit too small compared to the Superman. This is the stature I envisioned for Darkseid in my display.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #104
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

The SS Darkseid beside the SS Superman is crazy silly looking with the size.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #105
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Well this thing is a beast so size is no issue here. But I have Thanos on Throne on pre-order and it just killed me to pass on the Bane EX (still not sure i made the right decision on that). I gotta pass especially at that price.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #106
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Well this thing is a beast so size is no issue here. But I have Thanos on Throne on pre-order and it just killed me to pass on the Bane EX (still not sure i made the right decision on that). I gotta pass especially at that price.
Well, I caved and ordered Darkseid. Even though it is a bit more than I was hoping to spend, I am weak, lol. I am probably in for all of the Justice League in this line other than the Superman, because I plan on displaying a custom Supes instead. I really like most of the N52 costumes but not necessarily Superman's armor and collar.

I am with you on Bane. I also passed on Bane, the new Deadpool and Groot and Rocket, because I knew I had to have Thanos and Darkseid in my collection. Bane was probably the hardest for me to pass on, but at these prices you have to focus on the characters that you really love.

Plus display space is at a premium and I will pair off the two SS Batmans with the Joker and Killer Croc and hold out hope that a Two-Face, Scarecrow and/or Penguin will be made some day. Bane is a great looking sculpt but I just don't care about the character as much as some of the old-school Bat villains.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #107
Cyber Warrior
Frackin!

Ordered the second it went up for sale.

I have Thanos on pre-order and really wanted to add Darkseid as well to my setup. The PF Darkseid I think would look to small next to the Thanos on throne. Also the texture/detail/paint on the Prime Darkseid will match better with Thanos.

Here's a quick size comparison, all statues are tilted forward but each statue is set to scale. The Prime Darkseid is humongeuous.. he's gonna be way bulkier then Thanos but in my opinion will look better compared to the Darkseid PF which will look to small. Going by their statistics Darkseid is about 2 feet taller then Thanos. So comparing Thanos on Throne and Prime Darkseid, if Thanos were standing I think its pretty close in height to where they should be at.. its just Darkseid will be waaay bulkier. But comparing Thanos to the SS Darkseid, if Thanos were standing he would too tall in comparison and not accurate.

If I remember correctly Thanos should be 6' 7" and Darkseid is 8' 9".

Again this is all rough estimates but the Prime Darkseid base should be around 9" ..statue is 32" ..which makes him 23" tall, slightly slouched over.
Thanos is 21" sitting, theres really no base height, so Im estimating if he stood up he'd be another 3-4" taller.. putting him around 25" tall.
Prime Darkseid is hunched over so add some height and he should be roughly 2 feet taller then Thanos, right where he should be. Just a LOT bulkier. But Darkseid does have the power to grow so all is good depending how you look at it.

And as for the Darkseid PF, base looks roughly 6" ..statue is 26", putting Darkseid standing at the same height as Thanos sitting ...doesnt work.

My main statue room is filled up so I was planning on adding a few pieces to the bedroom, if the wife doesnt kill me ..so having Darkseid at one end and Thanos on the other but higher up, something like this...

Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #108
sparda
The Avengers

Thinking about setting up a petition asking to add omega beams to the EX. Who knows, they just might do it... Anyone who'd sign it?
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #109
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
There's going to soon be three huge Darkseids in the market place. XM don't forget is doing a Ginormous Darkseid, except it's part of a 1/6 Diorama.

More choices for everyone...that is definitely the one benefit of having multiple companies doing same licenses. IMO...the size of this Darkseid is how big SS Darkseid should have been.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #110
SONICobra
Batman

ORDERED... now all i want is a reverse flash and my dc villains are complete
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote