Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #61
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
They could make them, but this isn't 5-10-15 years ago when statues were cheap enough, so how many would buy the team. Then I use to buy any statue I liked and would have bought the complete team. Today I buy about 1 or 2 statue a year and not 10-15. If they make the others with Zoltor that could take couple of years and by then these could be $1,000. I remember when people thought $250.00 was too much for a PF.
Excellent point. the fact that I had to wait so long and thought so hard about picking a Mark statue from Battle of the Planets - especially done as well as this - speaks to pricing of these statues today.

I eventually ordered and its own the way from Sideshow. This is one of those pieces I won't sell as it is a reminder of the happiest times of my childhood.

The sentimental value isn't something I can measure in monetary terms.

These days, I am increasingly picky about which statues I purchase. This has stopped being a "hobby" when the best pieces after shipping approximate $1,500. And that's just from Sideshow.
worstgamerever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #62
JohngPR
Fantastic Four

Yep, this is definitely a keeper for me. I still stare at him from time to time in awe.

I would perhaps make room for a Jason (Condor Joe) statue if Prime 1 ever made one, but I wouldn't have room for the entire team.

I agree about prices. I've kind of started collecting the 1/10th Iron Studios statues. The prices are doable and the detail on them are impressive for the size.
JohngPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:22 AM   #63
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Congrats !
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:31 AM   #64
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This piece is all nostalgia for that generation. It definitely gets my nod of approval.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote