Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #101
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Lol, it's a double-edged sword really, if you don't want the exclusive, you "save money" by not getting it. For those that really want the EX, you get to choose that, and potentially the EX is available for longer because less people are getting it.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #102
papadoom
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm not seeing a lot of people getting this Batman version without also buying Mr. Freeze. So I cannot completely follow the logic to produce so much more Batsies than Mr. Freezes. That seems to me like a big miscalculation. Also, the EX does not impress me with this one. As has been said before, the reg head is the one to go with here.

He looks 'extremely cool' in my opinion. But because I'm not getting Freeze, I'll also not be ordering this one.
papadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #103
Garentz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

The problem is that they didn't put the light up for the suit though it was needed anc clearly a must for this one. This is disappointing and even more considering the price.
Garentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:14 PM   #104
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garentz View Post
The problem is that they didn't put the light up for the suit though it was needed anc clearly a must for this one. This is disappointing and even more considering the price.
It was too complex to light up ALL those heat coils. Not like it was just one or two.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #105
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Anyone else bummed by this apparent trend to charge more for exclusive versions?
It's not really new. Sideshow's been doing it since the mid 2000s. They just stopped for a few years and now they're picking it up again. Gives better incentive to get the regular version if you're not 100% in love with the EX.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:20 PM   #106
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
It's not really new. Sideshow's been doing it since the mid 2000s. They just stopped for a few years and now they're picking it up again. Gives better incentive to get the regular version if you're not 100% in love with the EX.
Yeah I vaguely remember it on some pieces (maybe the old She Hulk PF). Still, it's a full $50-100 markup on some of these P1 pieces, which isn't small potatoes and is a fair bit more than I remember the old markups being.

I guess it'll be less of a no-brainer choice for collectors to pick between the Ex and regular, though I wish Sideshow didn't seemingly hide the regular versions of some of these statues when you search for them on their site (e.g., searching "Zodd" only pulls up the Ex listing).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #107
Vracula
Jedi Order

Luckily not interested in the EX. The reg head is the one I would display 24x7 , it would be nice to have both , but that plus the tax I would have to pay to source it from SS is just not worth it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #108
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Surprised this hasn't been released yet on Sideshow! Is it supposed to be?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #109
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoom View Post
I'm not seeing a lot of people getting this Batman version without also buying Mr. Freeze. So I cannot completely follow the logic to produce so much more Batsies than Mr. Freezes. That seems to me like a big miscalculation. Also, the EX does not impress me with this one. As has been said before, the reg head is the one to go with here.

He looks 'extremely cool' in my opinion. But because I'm not getting Freeze, I'll also not be ordering this one.
I was thinking this same exact thing, but then I realized that there are some collectors out there that only want batman pieces and want all of the batman pieces. They dont care for villains or other characters and just want every pose/suit etc of Batman.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #110
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I was thinking this same exact thing, but then I realized that there are some collectors out there that only want batman pieces and want all of the batman pieces. They dont care for villains or other characters and just want every pose/suit etc of Batman.
I am one , but I just don't have the space for a 1/3 scale Freeze. I reserve 1/3 scale for only my fav superhero aka Batman.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote