Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-27-2017, 02:10 AM   #1961
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Bran's power is much more than being able to view past events. This was proven when we found out he is responsible for guiding Hodor's purpose in life to save him & Meera Reed from dying. It's not a stretch to think he'd attempt to go back and stop the White Walkers at some point by possibly warging into the Night King. If he did this and somehow spent too much time in the past it's not a stretch to think he could get stuck there like Jojen Reed warned him could happen.

Now I don't necessarily think this is the direction the series will take because time travel and its implementations can get rather confusing but they've opened the door to the possibility and I think it's as plausible as any other theory I've heard out there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #1962
Y3E
Gen 13

Interesting theory. It so out of left field that it could be right.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #1963
johnclone
The Enchantress

Regardless of whether he is someone we know or just some shlub, I do hope they show us the origin of the Night King.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #1964
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Regardless of whether he is someone we know or just some shlub, I do hope they show us the origin of the Night King.
This was shown already. One of the Children of the Forest stabbed a First Man with dragon glass changing him into the Night King and creating the White Walkers.

Or do you mean exploring the identity of the First Man before that?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #1965
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Then again, it would be cool if the Night King was Bran. That might get a bit too time travel like but it's plausible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Bran's power is much more than being able to view past events. This was proven when we found out he is responsible for guiding Hodor's purpose in life to save him & Meera Reed from dying. It's not a stretch to think he'd attempt to go back and stop the White Walkers at some point by possibly warging into the Night King. If he did this and somehow spent too much time in the past it's not a stretch to think he could get stuck there like Jojen Reed warned him could happen.

Now I don't necessarily think this is the direction the series will take because time travel and its implementations can get rather confusing but they've opened the door to the possibility and I think it's as plausible as any other theory I've heard out there.
I was going to give you credit for thinking of it all on your own I took have discussed that theory with some of my fellow book readers. As Bran can warg and see in the past/future it is possible that he altered an event which caused him to become the Night King.

What I can't recall is how Bran knew who was at Hardhome during the major wight battle. I don't think he was warg at that time OR within the tree. That could be a hint as to if he is really the Night King. But somebody may remember that more than me, but I thought that to be odd that he would know.

Another theory related to Bran is...
Spoiler
That Bran was "speaking"/"looking" through the trees and King Aerys heard/felt him. But not enough to know what was happening. This feeling/"hearing" in turn drove him mad which started war and rebellion. It doesn't necessarily tie into anything about him being the Night King, but it does tie in Bran's ability to alter events through time.

And as for how I want to see this show go -- Cersei on a dragon only to be killed by Arya as she finishes her list. And that can work because....

Spoiler
In the book, there is a huge chunk of her prophecy from the Witch that did not make the show. It says, "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Valongar means little brother. Cersei as TWO little brothers. I truly would love nothing more than JAMIE to wring her neck after all she has done to him, their children, their brother, and the kingdom. He slayed Aerys afterall for the good, who's to say he wouldn't kill his sister for the same?

And I have always taken it that Littlefinger KNOWS Jon is a Targayen. He pretty much told Sansa and he was alluding to it with Jon. It seemed they made a big point of saying, "stay away from my sister..." when we all know that his not their connection.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #1966
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

very interesting theories...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #1967
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
This was shown already. One of the Children of the Forest stabbed a First Man with dragon glass changing him into the Night King and creating the White Walkers.

Or do you mean exploring the identity of the First Man before that?
I remember that scene now! So he was just some random dude of the First Men?

Was that First Man who became a walker the actual Night King that is going around now, I guess I may need to rewatch that scene and refresh everything.

Edit:

Here's the scene,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkQMKT6mA_g

The sounds of the dragonglass going into his chest!

I guess we are supposed to assume that this guy is the current Night King? They do leave it a little unclear. We see this guy becomes a walker instantly, but how exactly does he become the King of the walkers? You know what I mean? Did he just immediately storm off and go make more walkers, or is there more to it?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #1968
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I was going to give you credit for thinking of it all on your own I took have discussed that theory with some of my fellow book readers. As Bran can warg and see in the past/future it is possible that he altered an event which caused him to become the Night King.

What I can't recall is how Bran knew who was at Hardhome during the major wight battle. I don't think he was warg at that time OR within the tree. That could be a hint as to if he is really the Night King. But somebody may remember that more than me, but I thought that to be odd that he would know.

Another theory related to Bran is...
Spoiler
That Bran was "speaking"/"looking" through the trees and King Aerys heard/felt him. But not enough to know what was happening. This feeling/"hearing" in turn drove him mad which started war and rebellion. It doesn't necessarily tie into anything about him being the Night King, but it does tie in Bran's ability to alter events through time.

And as for how I want to see this show go -- Cersei on a dragon only to be killed by Arya as she finishes her list. And that can work because....

Spoiler
In the book, there is a huge chunk of her prophecy from the Witch that did not make the show. It says, "And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

Valongar means little brother. Cersei as TWO little brothers. I truly would love nothing more than JAMIE to wring her neck after all she has done to him, their children, their brother, and the kingdom. He slayed Aerys afterall for the good, who's to say he wouldn't kill his sister for the same?

And I have always taken it that Littlefinger KNOWS Jon is a Targayen. He pretty much told Sansa and he was alluding to it with Jon. It seemed they made a big point of saying, "stay away from my sister..." when we all know that his not their connection.
You make me want to read the books.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #1969
Demona
Martian Manhunter

They are good books. I'd find it amazing if anybody said that Book 3 wasn't their favorite. 4 and 5 are long, but well that's all we have for now. My biggest fear is all this reading was for naught as we will never get GRRM's actual ending.

There are several good variances from the books and show. Dorne being my most favorite variance in the book - it's so much better.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #1970
johnclone
The Enchantress

Do the White Walkers sleep? Eat? Do they ever have to go to the bathroom? If so, do they leave a yellow mark in the snow or is it more of a blue flame? These are vital questions we're going to have to solve as we move forward!