Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #11
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Is the x- men license free for ss and XM again now? Is disney ok with them doing x characters again?
It's been discussed repeatedly, ss never had X-Men off limits. SSAlex has mentioned this over and over again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Since we do have some X-Men products on the horizon, there doesn't seem to be a restriction occurring here. Of course our X-Men product is comic based and not movie, so perhaps it's only applying to movie based items?
Quote:
I saw that announcement a few days ago and it made me quite sad for them. They were putting a lot of good work and effort into some upcoming pieces and it's unfortunate that all of that had to come to a standstill. Hopefully one day they can revisit those items again and can release them.

As for Sideshow and X-Men and Fantastic Four items...I haven't received word that we're to stop moving forward with anything that might be on the horizon from those properties but what remains the case right now could change tomorrow.
Quote:
I know more X-Men project are in the pipeline but I really do now know what era they will herald from.
Quote:
We have some more in the pipeline as I type this. Whether they will be halted along the way due to other companies having to halt could always happen. But at this time we are continuing forward with these planned projects.
Quote:
We are still moving forward with X-Men 1/4 scale projects. That could always change should we be asked to halt X-Men items of course.
Quote:
As I said...only what I'm aware of. My knowledge of future items only goes so far into the future. Right now I know a good line-up of items that are estimated to be in people's hands through early 2017. There are far more items that go beyond that that could very well include more Spider-Man and X-men pieces (actually I am aware of one X-men piece that should be up for order before the end of the year).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #12
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
AWESOME!

Skipped the Jean Grey PF as I felt it was a lame pose, and I don't have the contacts/resources to secure the Phoenix XM piece, so this will be a must have for me. Doubt the base will best the XM counterpart, but I'll use my reward points on it and get it for $300 less
Honestly, I felt the same way until I got the statue in hand. In person, I love it. The pose works.

So glad this is being revealed. It was so hard to keep secret!!!!! OMG!
I AM DEFINITELY IN. This will make the COTD price increase, and inability to buy those pieces anymore, easier.(yes, still sad about it)
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:12 AM   #13
aaronica
The Avengers

i wonder how the base look like
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:26 AM   #14
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm extremely satisfied with my XM Phoenix. Sideshow just came a little too late with a weaker sculpt, imo.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #15
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

this could epic, if they put effort into the base then this could just push xm's version off the top spot..

Sideshow’s Dark Phoenix Premium Format™ Figure showcases Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force together at their most powerful!

woohooo
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #16
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Get ready for a black museum under base... isnt that the norm now with SS.? (Really hope not)
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #17
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Is there no 12 days link ?

They usually have an advent calendar style reveal page for each day.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #18
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll definitely be picking this up. I hope they offer a regular Phoenix variant at some point. Would not be surprised to see a 300-piece white Phoenix limited as well. That seems to be one of the ways SS is at least offering small ES specials.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:12 AM   #19
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Is there no 12 days link ?

They usually have an advent calendar style reveal page for each day.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/events/1...sideshow-2015/
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #20
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Thanks.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote