Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #21
MIKA28
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Es 200. Amazing
MIKA28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That's a shame. I was hoping to grab this one but the only place I saw it up for pre-order was Secret Compass and they jack up pre-order prices pretty regularly so I had no idea if the $900 they had it listed for was actually retail. Regardless that's too rich for my blood. I'd never pay that for a 1:4 piece even with all the cool switch outs and exclusive this one had. Looks like I'll continue waiting for a good 1:4 scale Kylo Ren.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #23
dao2
Cyclops

900 actually isn't too much jacked up I believe

since they get it from br the price is pretty high (hella high taxes, vader is like $800 something converted into usd with the br msrp).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #24
built2shred
Phoenix

To be fair to Shane at SC, he doesn't really jack up the price as much as he has to buy from a middle man because Iron Studios didn't have a license to sell this one outside Brazil. Since he can't get wholesale prices like he does with SS the price just seems rather steep.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:58 PM   #25
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I would get this if the neck , or lack thereof, wasn't awkward and the lightsaber blades look really bad.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be fair to Shane at SC, he doesn't really jack up the price as much as he has to buy from a middle man because Iron Studios didn't have a license to sell this one outside Brazil. Since he can't get wholesale prices like he does with SS the price just seems rather steep.
Don't get me wrong, Shane is a good guy, he's been very accommodating every time I've dealt with him. My point was SC can't be used as an accurate gauge as to what retail is on a piece given his situation. I have no problem with him getting some of his Iron Studios pieces via a middle man and raising the price to balance the scales. In the case of Kylo Ren nobody else had this piece available that I could find so I had no idea what actual retail was. Bottom line I wasn't paying near 1k for this and it wasn't available anywhere else so oh well. This character will surely be revisited in this scale by multiple companies, so I'll hold out.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #27
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I would get this if the neck , or lack thereof, wasn't awkward and the lightsaber blades look really bad.
Have you seen some of the other pics of this piece? Looks fine to me. Bad angles and mediocre photography didn't do this statue any favors. It looked wonky to me initially too.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Don't get me wrong, Shane is a good guy, he's been very accommodating every time I've dealt with him. My point was SC can't be used as an accurate gauge as to what retail is on a piece given his situation. I have no problem with him getting some of his Iron Studios pieces via a middle man and raising the price to balance the scales. In the case of Kylo Ren nobody else had this piece available that I could find so I had no idea what actual retail was. Bottom line I wasn't paying near 1k for this and it wasn't available anywhere else so oh well. This character will surely be revisited in this scale by multiple companies, so I'll hold out.
Gotcha.... I do know if you could find a contact directly from Brazil I think the price was $690, that's a quote I got from a guy I bought the Superman vs Doomsday from... I would of bought it from him but he didn't come through for me replacing Superman's cape which had a crack in it, he said he got approval from Iron Studios for a new cape and I even said I would pay for the shipping but then I never heard back from him.... Figure I dodged a bullet not giving him a deposit for kylo Ren. With Brazil having a really bad recession I would be careful dealing with anyone directly from Brazil, when people get desperate for money you might end up getting the shaft on your deposits.

When I get mine I'm going to try and figure a way to place Vader's Helmet in his hand so it looks like he's starring at the helmet.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #29
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That in a nutshell is exactly why I don't buy anything produced by XM and/or IS that I can't get through a reputable dealer. It's bad enough these items are marked up but to pay that price and not even get what you paid for? Nah, that's not for me. I'm not into gambling with thousands of dollars, no matter how impressive a statue may be.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #30
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Has there been any word on this piece? Preordered through SC and last I heard it was due in May.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote