Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 07-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #21
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiken No Ace View Post
Thank you a lot mate !

The artprint is trully wonderful (and according to cyril, that's pretty rare that the licensors agree them to do that. I think it has to do with the 20th one piece anniversary).

It will be framed once it's arrive, hopefully behind the hqs if i decide to keep it ^^
I have Robin, in hand. You'll love her. She really came out very well. Changes and all, she really came out perfect. I hope you'll feel the same.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #22
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijuee View Post
Oh thanks Crash421, looking nice that art print. Will also frame it.
You're welcome!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:02 AM   #23
khrisc
The X-Men

i Think Tsume is just cutting corners to save on cost and earn more..and also to save on possible costs associated with aftersales service so they decided "---- it lets just make almost everything pvc"
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:59 AM   #24
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I wouldn't say using PVC is cutting corners, in most cases its more expensive than using polystone.

It also has the advantage of getting better details and reducing the risk of breakages, i guarantee Tsume have only used it where it was needed.

I think the problem is they haven't updated or told anyone about these changes. Like with PCS, most people will wait for their statues, the problem is when there's no updates for months and months and then when it does arrive changes have been made which no one has been told about, thats rubs people up the wrong way.

But on the flip side these things at the moment sell for so much that if you don't like it, it's a quick and easy sale to move on. With rising edition sizes and costs though that may not be the case for much longer....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #25
khrisc
The X-Men

PVC is cheaper to produce in higher quantities..and okay..for the hair of Robin I understand use PVC because of breakage issues..now even the face is pvc..they said because pvc is hard to attach properly to resin or something like that? FINE I accept all these excuses. But how about the armor of Hashirama and even the hands and feet? I heard they are pvc as well right? I dont think thats breakage issue anymore. For Hashirama the whole body could have been resin and leave the hair and face pvc to avoid breakage..if that is their real reasoning.

Also, its not just the lack of updates. Before opening it up for PO, they should already have studied the product properly and they should already know if it is possible to produce it that way or not.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #26
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I don't really understand the hate on PVC/ABS. Mixed media makes sense.

I feel Tsume needs to be a little more transparent with what is being done, stop making changes, offering POs before reveal, etc.

They're kind of pissing me off!
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
PVC is cheaper to produce in higher quantities
Yes, high quantities like figures. Statues not really. Steel molds aint cheap :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #28
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferatuOMeGa View Post
I don't really understand the hate on PVC/ABS. Mixed media makes sense.

I feel Tsume needs to be a little more transparent with what is being done, stop making changes, offering POs before reveal, etc.

They're kind of pissing me off!
They've addressed this by stating there will be more communication throughout the process. They recognized that what happened with Robin and Hashirama was a mistake. Changes are part of the process, they're very ambitious for their projects, but letting their fan base know what the plan is, is most important. It really is a much needed and welcomed change to the way they did things.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #29
Jayce321
Frackin!

Crash I agree the way they have handled things regarding production and how quiet they have kept everything, a change had to come sooner or later. The only problem I still have with them they are still so quiet about everything. Email I sent 3 days no reply. Facebook messenger still no reply 2 days. They really need to focus on the customer side of things more.
Jayce321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #30
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce321 View Post
Crash I agree the way they have handled things regarding production and how quiet they have kept everything, a change had to come sooner or later. The only problem I still have with them they are still so quiet about everything. Email I sent 3 days no reply. Facebook messenger still no reply 2 days. They really need to focus on the customer side of things more.
Did you get the auto reply with your case #? I emailed them earlier this week and received a reply the following day. For the most part Messanger is handled by Mai Lan and she's had some time off after Anime EX and Japan Expo. It's weird you didn't get a response via email.