Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Title
Yes, would like 2 complete statues for higher price 22 64.71%
No, leave as is 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #21
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I voted hell yeah for extra legs but do think the best option would be to have that as a separate available purchase.
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:55 PM   #22
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakasashe View Post
I voted hell yeah for extra legs but do think the best option would be to have that as a separate available purchase.
Yeah, I think this would be the best option actually. Should I create a new poll with this option?

I'm surprised there isn't much more excitement about this Akuma, since the OG is so sought after and it's been a long time coming. If I had to guess, it's because most collectors are just overwhelmed by the options of the retail, Classic Ex and Ultimate not knowing which one to get(me included). Some think the retail is a better value than the Ex, some people want a classic portrait(SF3) only but don't want to drop that much money for the one option they want. I think having an option to purchase a set of legs and maybe another Gi would be a welcome addition for many people looking to purchase the Ultimate version.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Then add all the Akuma product PCS has put out, then add other companies putting out Akuma product, then figure the ES of this (while still unknown) may not be too low (at least the retail version).

EDIT: What we really need is a Gen in Mantis and Crane stances, using this new swapping technology!!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Just checked the poll...

red_ant voted NO. lol
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #25
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Well, they are leaving money on the table.. lots of goodies shown at SDCC that are not from PCS. I don't want to fuss around with upselling tactics.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:27 PM   #26
qz33
Doctor Doom

What if the requested extras were offered for sale independently of the Ultimate set for additional money?

There's no denying a total higher price on the Ultimate set could discourage sales even further just from simple economics.

I'd pay to have the extra pieces. The factory will already be making the same legs and Gi's so PCS could just order a few more to match the requests for more parts, right?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #27
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What if the requested extras were offered for sale independently of the Ultimate set for additional money?

There's no denying a total higher price on the Ultimate set could discourage sales even further just from simple economics.

I'd pay to have the extra pieces. The factory will already be making the same legs and Gi's so PCS could just order a few more to match the requests for more parts, right?
You'd think. But this makes too much sense.

If the CEO voted no, it obviously isn't going to happen. So unless you fashion a set of hips for yourself, be prepared to only utilize one base at a time.

It's a shame because these would be useful and awesome additions. I could skip flame and energy effects all day for amazing/useful switch out parts such as these.

Maybe call and say your hips were missing and you'll require a replacement set.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:30 PM   #28
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
You'd think. But this makes too much sense.

If the CEO voted no, it obviously isn't going to happen. So unless you fashion a set of hips for yourself, be prepared to only utilize one base at a time.

It's a shame because these would be useful and awesome additions. I could skip flame and energy effects all day for amazing/useful switch out parts such as these.

Maybe call and say your hips were missing and you'll require a replacement set.
Well technically the CEO voted no to changing the Ultimate set which from a selling/business standpoint is understandable.

But how about some serious consideration to the extra legs and gi being made available as a separate purchase?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #29
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

They could do a lottery for those who bought all the 1/3 SF statues plus the Power Rangers busts and the Sons of Anarchy figures, to win a pair of extra hips.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote