Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #111
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Brian Reed's run is the vol 2 right?
Yup that's it.

Ha ha. Unmistakeably a Cho cover. She is stacked.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:56 AM   #112
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yup that's it.

Ha ha. Unmistakeably a Cho cover. She is stacked.
Huh? I didn't even notice...
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 AM   #113
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Goodness, MF is drop dead gorgeous
Too bad her attitude is not drop dead gorgeous. But yeah she at least looks sexy and hot.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #114
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I think Ms. Marvel Vol 2 has some of the best story lines featuring her as the lead that are easier to get into and to get in trades...I don't have the entire series, but some of the stories I remember are the first arc which takes place right after HoM and is sort of her return to taking superheroing seriously. I also enjoyed the Civil War arc even though I didn't entirely agree with her stance (she sided with Iron Man). Also the Monster Island arc.

I tried her first series as Captain Marvel but fell off it quick...like Thor, Wolverine, Cap, etc, she relaunches so frequently I don't keep up like I used to (Captain Marvel ended, was relaunched, ended, is about to relaunch yet again). But I suppose it makes things easier for trades.

But I actually enjoyed her use under Bendis in the Avengers. She's a main character in Mighty Avengers during the Initiative, and the New Avengers during the Dark Reign...I enjoyed both series but I'd recommend Mighty Avengers for the action packed stories that aren't quite as dependent on the times (post Civil War split of the Avengers). Aside from that, I read Karla in Dark Avengers but also check out War of the Marvels.

Just remembering one of the earliest comics I read of her is Avengers Annual 10. It's the first appearance of Rogue, a favorite of mine, but a bad issue for Carol since she gets her powers drained and put into a coma. It's an important historical issue for her because she confronts the Avengers about her brain wash and essentially rape by Marcus Immortus, but it's not the type of issue I'd recommend to anybody who just wants to enjoy a solid story arc without refering to other events.

Also very, very distantly related, Ms. Marvel is a very small part of Avengers: Initiative but overall it's an excellent series and it details Ms. Marvel giving her costume to one of the trainees, the former New Warrior Ultragirl (above). That's a very small part of the series, though.
Good choices! I couldn't get into the NOW! series either--probably more due to the art than the writing.

I just picked up the recent Ms. Marvel Masterworks HC and like it a lot. It's kind of weird seeing Carol Danvers trade her top-ranking military security job for one as editor of a woman's magazine at the Bugle, but her overqualified-ness makes for some fun exchanges between her and J. Jonah Jameson. The writers are really good at pacing out the reveal of her powers while still delivering some solid fight scenes. The art looks really beautiful with the restored coloring, too.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #115
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Good choices! I couldn't get into the NOW! series either--probably more due to the art than the writing.

I just picked up the recent Ms. Marvel Masterworks HC and like it a lot. It's kind of weird seeing Carol Danvers trade her top-ranking military security job for one as editor of a woman's magazine at the Bugle, but her overqualified-ness makes for some fun exchanges between her and J. Jonah Jameson. The writers are really good at pacing out the reveal of her powers while still delivering some solid fight scenes. The art looks really beautiful with the restored coloring, too.
Cool. I have to check this out. I'm much more of a hardcover and trade person now.

I used to get monthly issues for every core Avengers title, every core X-Men title, Fantastic Four, the core Spider-Man books, the core Batman books and Justice League in my monthly pull box with the occasional volume of Cap or Hulk mixed in.

Now for monthly issues I'm down to just Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, and when it starts up in a few months Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales).

I realized I need to stop spending money on series I'm not enjoying anymore (most of X-Men) and I prefer entire volumes in one sitting much better and putting a book on my book shelf rather than tons of long boxes. Completely unrelated but I just finished Invincible Compendium 1 and I'm definitely an Invincible fan now.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #116
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Invincible is the ----! Until later haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #117
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Moonstone was a hot Ms Marvel. I wish someone would do that stage lineup where Norman introduces his dark avengers.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:06 PM   #118
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Moonstone was a hot Ms Marvel. I wish someone would do that stage lineup where Norman introduces his dark avengers.

It was a pretty cool moment. All the imposters there, with Noh-Varr, Sentry and Aries in the mix. I originally thought Noh-Varr and Sentry were weird fits for this team but Bendis played them well. Just a good mix of characters.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #119
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Cool. I have to check this out. I'm much more of a hardcover and trade person now.

I used to get monthly issues for every core Avengers title, every core X-Men title, Fantastic Four, the core Spider-Man books, the core Batman books and Justice League in my monthly pull box with the occasional volume of Cap or Hulk mixed in.

Now for monthly issues I'm down to just Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, and when it starts up in a few months Spider-Man (starring Miles Morales).

I realized I need to stop spending money on series I'm not enjoying anymore (most of X-Men) and I prefer entire volumes in one sitting much better and putting a book on my book shelf rather than tons of long boxes. Completely unrelated but I just finished Invincible Compendium 1 and I'm definitely an Invincible fan now.

Same as. Amazing, Batman, I did collect Captain Marvel, and Spider Woman, but still deciding if I'll stay on after Deconnick left...well, that's last year only, before there was a time when I had 15-20 issues a month. Waaaaaay, too much money spent. Can't collect everything!
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #120
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:

It was a pretty cool moment. All the imposters there, with Noh-Varr, Sentry and Aries in the mix. I originally thought Noh-Varr and Sentry were weird fits for this team but Bendis played them well. Just a good mix of characters.
It was my favourite story arch. But I'm a huge fan of Norman. It all just came together so well.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote