Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #101
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

So the second you were born you knew everything there is to know about Marvel? C'mon....you were a "newbie" once also so I say stop acting like a grumpy old man and realize there will always be "newbies".

The Xmen are amazing and never said who was better I just said the success of the Avengers has made us lucky enough to be getting more content than ever before. Guardians of the Galaxy, all the shows coming out on Netflix and hell even DC has stepped up there game and are pushing the justice league sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
All Avengers have brought to our world is newbies, who starting liking Marvel once the Avengers movies came out. They no nothing of the history of these characters. These are ppl older than kids, mind you.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #102
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
So the second you were born you knew everything there is to know about Marvel? C'mon....you were a "newbie" once also so I say stop acting like a grumpy old man and realize there will always be "newbies".

The Xmen are amazing and never said who was better I just said the success of the Avengers has made us lucky enough to be getting more content than ever before. Guardians of the Galaxy, all the shows coming out on Netflix and hell even DC has stepped up there game and are pushing the justice league sooner.
I was a newbie for one day. True story.

Despite what Disney is doing to my favorite Marvel characters, I do think it's remarkable what Marvel has accomplished with its movie franchise. The only other comparison I can make is the reliable nature of Pixar, well, before Cars 2. I hope Marvel's "Cars 2" is in the too distant future.

If DRS has been placed on the dusty low shelves in the back of the store, then I wouldn't mind an Annihilation Guardians of the Galaxy as the next series. Of course, we have to see what is favorable to our Disney overlords.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #103
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yeah it is truly mind blowing. I bet future generations are going to look back at this time and think wow now those were classic films! Same as how we look back at classic horror films like Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman, etc.

Oh man now that is a great idea! I love the red and blue uniformed guardians and to have statues of them would be amazing. The closest I have at the moment are the Star-Lord Gentle Giant mini bust and the Bowen Groot mini bust but I'm not into buying mini busts anymore...although I don't plan to sell the ones I have.

I would LOVE to see a red and blue Rocket statue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I was a newbie for one day. True story.

Despite what Disney is doing to my favorite Marvel characters, I do think it's remarkable what Marvel has accomplished with its movie franchise. The only other comparison I can make is the reliable nature of Pixar, well, before Cars 2. I hope Marvel's "Cars 2" is in the too distant future.

If DRS has been placed on the dusty low shelves in the back of the store, then I wouldn't mind an Annihilation Guardians of the Galaxy as the next series. Of course, we have to see what is favorable to our Disney overlords.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #104
gomur
The Tick

Double post.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #105
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Yeah it is truly mind blowing. I bet future generations are going to look back at this time and think wow now those were classic films! Same as how we look back at classic horror films like Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman, etc.

Oh man now that is a great idea! I love the red and blue uniformed guardians and to have statues of them would be amazing. The closest I have at the moment are the Star-Lord Gentle Giant mini bust and the Bowen Groot mini bust but I'm not into buying mini busts anymore...although I don't plan to sell the ones I have.

I would LOVE to see a red and blue Rocket statue..

Blue and red may look okay on Starlord and Rocket, but I always preferred Gamora in green juuuust before the uniforms came into play.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #106
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

GOTG was good. I knew a great deal about marvel by 1992. Comics, trading cards, n tv shows. I was about 7. I didn't wait every year or so to watch 1 movie. I hear ya tho, different times.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #107
jy90274
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Smile Mine

1. Danger Room Sessions Jean Grey
2. Danger Room Sessions Storm
3. Danger Room Sessions Jubilee
4. Phoenix Fine Art w/ clear resin flame base
5. Dark Phoenix Fine Art w/ clear resin flame base

I'll take em in any order they come out.
jy90274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #108
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I wanted to take a moment to discuss what’s going on with the Marvel Fine Art series. I can confirm that Kotobukiya is supporting this line 100%, Erick Sosa is still overseeing sculpting duty and we’ll have at least 1 new character to unveil during SDCC.

What we need now is your wish list of characters you would like to see added to the Fine Art line (and ideally those of the non-mutant variety).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
NY Comic con next guy is huge
So now that we know that the SDCC reveal was Black Panther, any speculations as to who could be the "huge guy" that Erick Sosa is referring to? I also want to pull this thread up to continue the wish list. Remember: ideally those of the non-mutant variety.

I'm still hoping for:

1. Bullseye
2. Elektra (I know they have a Bishoujo version but we need a Fine Art one.)
3. Punisher
These three would help capitalize on the success of the Daredevil Netflix series.

4. Thanos (a great choice since he is the main villain in the Avengers movies whom will be their final showdown; plus he fits the bill of someone "huge".)
TethMau74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #109
gomur
The Tick

• She-Hulk (with optional Red She-Hulk companion piece)
  • Rhino (my hope for the "huge" statue at NYCC)
  • Blade (with flat top and bald alternate portraits)
  • Elektra (the actress will need a proper 1/6 scale to hold - and that just sounded wrong )

Old 07-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #110
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy90274 View Post
1. Danger Room Sessions Jean Grey
2. Danger Room Sessions Storm
3. Danger Room Sessions Jubilee
4. Phoenix Fine Art w/ clear resin flame base
5. Dark Phoenix Fine Art w/ clear resin flame base

I'll take em in any order they come out.
I'll take the first 3. Oh hell, I probably take all 5
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote