Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #1801
zaboman358
Frackin!

If P1 doesn't address the head issue and revise the head sculpts I'm definitely canceling.
zaboman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #1802
stryker12
Fantastic Four

They've already shipped them out, how can they address it at this point? I get what you're saying though. It's super disappointing, and if a 1/3 line was confirmed, I'd definitely cancel too, but who knows how far away we are from that.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:19 PM   #1803
French Cancan
Deadman

Ah, the famous first in hand pictures...
At least, the first photos should be taken with a "fish eye" lens.
It could be funny.
At this moment, I don't see any reason to cancel mine.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #1804
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Been waiting since March 2018... I shall continue to wait...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #1805
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Ah, the famous first in hand pictures...
At least, the first photos should be taken with a "fish eye" lens.
It could be funny.
At this moment, I don't see any reason to cancel mine.
I mean, I get it's hard to judge from photos. But there's a lot of folks that have them in hand that are reporting they don't meet expectations by a long shot.

I ordered direct from P1 so I'm stuck until she arrives (Economy). I suspect I will be writing P1 an email at that time. I hope I'm wrong.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #1806
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I've looked at enough photos now, and some of them decent ones. The heads certainly do look substantially different, and worse, then originally shown strand of hair or not. The close up angled shots you see on this page are an easy way to make it look misleading and I wouldn't consider those. However even on decent distance straight on shots the sculpt is considerably differrent then originally shown, the lips and nose are different and overall the face is longer.

Skellige geralt did turn out great. Honestly will probably cancel and get geralt instead :|
I think what would really help folks decide is more video unboxing and reviews. I guess the usual suspects on this are not Witcher fans though the pieces are selling out.

Highly recommend Skellige...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:09 PM   #1807
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Is the Skellige Undvik outfit something you can wear throughout the game once you obtain it? That would tilt me more towards wanting the statue, because it turned out excellent.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #1808
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Is the Skellige Undvik outfit something you can wear throughout the game once you obtain it? That would tilt me more towards wanting the statue, because it turned out excellent.
Generally people will switch to other better armors unless you are using a mod to let your gear level up with you (this set is a favorite aesthetically among many).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #1809
zaboman358
Frackin!

Response from someone in the fb group who spoke with P1 regarding the head sculpts.

"The answer from P1 is that the prototypes are subject to changes during production and prototype images should never be used as reference.

The different hair bangs might be caused during transportation, where the portraits must be moving and the hair bangs getting bent due to the heat. They recommend the use of a hairdryer to adjust them to their original shape."
zaboman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #1810
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaboman358 View Post
Response from someone in the fb group who spoke with P1 regarding the head sculpts.

"The answer from P1 is that the prototypes are subject to changes during production and prototype images should never be used as reference.
I love this flavour of BS.......from the manufacturer's. I mean, do they hear themself when this utter garbage trickles off their snake like tongues.

If this is the case, why show the prototype? It's literally pointless.

Why not just say "Hey collectors, we're making a Batman statue, you can't see it yet - but hey, please feel free to put down a pre-order for $1000+"? Yeah, that would mean no more advanced money for these clowns.

Well - fair enough. For me, this is a clear directive to NEVER place an order with P1 until the actual final piece is available to view. Simple, it's what I do with Sideshow and other companies whose quality I don't trust.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote