Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #901
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

David Fisher is doing the paint master for the Quarantine Studios DDIII. There are a lot of great painters but to me David is the absolute best. I had planned to pass on that one as I already have the one previously done pretty well in the same scale but man now I may have to get it especially if it is a substantial improvement.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #902
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

If anyone ordered the new art book the Frazetta Museum hopes to have them in hand by next week. I think Vanguard got them already. I also believe it is sold out and they are considering a second printing.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #903
Wombat

I'm heading to the museum tomorrow. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but my wife is making some items for the museum to sell in their store. We are going to drop off some stuff and visit.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #904
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I'm heading to the museum tomorrow. Can't remember if I mentioned this, but my wife is making some items for the museum to sell in their store. We are going to drop off some stuff and visit.
Say hi from me and Shedman, Is this your first visit or have you seen originals in person before? If it is your first time be prepared to be amazed, no matter how good the quality in books the originals really are something to see.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #905
Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Say hi from me and Shedman, Is this your first visit or have you seen originals in person before? If it is your first time be prepared to be amazed, no matter how good the quality in books the originals really are something to see.
This is our second visit. There was so much to take in the first time I should be able to focus a bit more now.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #906
Wombat

Too tired to crack it open. Looking forward to it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3061.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	131854  
Old 07-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #907
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Got mine yesterday. I like it and I love that we have a coffee table book and especially love that they included a bunch of the preliminary art for the iconic paintings but I have to say I think they made a HUGE mistake stretching many of the paintings accross both pages, it totally ruins it.

I think they would have been much better served by determining the largest area they wanted to use for the largest painting (likely catgirl) and making the book that size so it could be on one page. Everything that gets sucked into the binding in the middle is lost and it just doesn't look good across the two pages. Either a larger book (not much as it is only partially on the second page) or printing the paintings smaller to fit on one page would have been preferable IMO.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #908
cstojano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Got mine yesterday. I like it and I love that we have a coffee table book and especially love that they included a bunch of the preliminary art for the iconic paintings but I have to say I think they made a HUGE mistake stretching many of the paintings accross both pages, it totally ruins it.

I think they would have been much better served by determining the largest area they wanted to use for the largest painting (likely catgirl) and making the book that size so it could be on one page. Everything that gets sucked into the binding in the middle is lost and it just doesn't look good across the two pages. Either a large book (not much as it is only partially on the second page) or printing the paintings smaller to fit on one page would have been preferable IMO.
This is why I did not order it. Made little sense to me.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #909
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quarantine Studios DD3 WIP David Fisher paint up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54C797F1-E344-445D-8572-FE81EAC8A6AC.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	132273