Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #31
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Torturer back in stock...I ordered 2 and Thorin throne....will eventually sell the repeated buys...
Thank you for the heads up! I ordered two Torturer and the solider. I really didn’t need any of these statues, but since it is really a great deal...what the heck! I wouldn’t have paid $450 for the Torturer...since he was on screen for less than 5 minutes. For $170..that is great deal!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:52 AM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve been refreshing the site since the sale started and noticed the Torturer and Thorin being back up. Came here to post about it and I guess it was old news.

Got me a Torturer though. So glad!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #33
travis
A.I.M.

lol...I got 4 weta items now I gotta sell...repeat buys to get the sale lol.....
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #34
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

All worth it though.

I got 3 items I wanted. The Torturer, Bolg and Thorin. Another forum member hooked me up with a Thorin already so I’ll end up with an extra should he not want to keep it, but no big deal.

I had enough Weta Bucks to cover all 3 statues from the sale including shipping and still had $20 left over, so I’m pretty thrilled.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Not sure if they do it all the time, but a coupe times in the past I have done multiple item orders they remove the brown shippers and just stuff the art boxes into another box. I don't like that, especially when they don't discount the shipping at all and their shipping prices are quite high to begin with.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #36
Darth Milo
Hydra

Today I received my 2 Torturer of Dol Guldur statue's.. well that's what I thought.. instead they send me 2 Orc soldier of Dol Guldur statue's that I didn't order.
I'm awaiting their reply because it's sold out now in The E.U. warehouse.. so I'm curious how they are going to fix this error.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Today I received my 2 Torturer of Dol Guldur statue's.. well that's what I thought.. instead they send me 2 Orc soldier of Dol Guldur statue's that I didn't order.
I'm awaiting their reply because it's sold out now in The E.U. warehouse.. so I'm curious how they are going to fix this error.
Why did you think that?
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #38
pinkxter
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post

Yikes - I am a bit concerned of the same.

I have a feeling there will be some issues during shipment, some units oversold, etc.
pinkxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:02 PM   #39
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxter View Post
Yikes - I am a bit concerned of the same.

I have a feeling there will be some issues during shipment, some units oversold, etc.
they always do that, every black friday i order stuff, and half of it gets cancelled a few weeks later due to overselling without fail and i get a refund. No apologies, nothing. And they always seem to be the ones with the best price, if i am a conspiracist i would offer a few promising theories on what weta is really doing.... I am sure this time is no different.

All the statues were shipped but i haven't received it yet we will see what ended up arriving. The rivendells still haven't shipped which isn't looking too promising and they just happen to be the item with the best discount. Did anyone got their rivendell shipped yet.

just ordered more - 2x torturer and 1x orc just for giggles even though i collect good guys only. at 500 and 15% weta dollars as a gold collector it's just too good to pass up.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #40
SeekNdestroy
Frackin!

This is my first time catching one of these sales and also my first time possibly ordering from Weta. I have my cart filled up, created my account, going to checkout and notice they charge shipping for each individual piece and nothing combined? I was excited to order some of the mini figures but almost $18 to ship each sort of defeats the purpose (although I get they’d do that at full price anyway). Am I possibly missing something here?
SeekNdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote