Statue Forum 


XM Studios


Tweeterhead



StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #2671
crimsinwing1989
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
crimsinwing1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Stay away from the AoA Mags. The proportions on that is just horrible and the potraits are ugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Totally agree. That one is actually one of the worst, and I laugh out lout every time I see someone on Facebook talk about how great it is. Not to mention the ridiculous lime green hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
man that thing looks terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup ...I agree.
lol I do love the sculpted cape though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #2672
aa909
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Stay away from the AoA Mags. The proportions on that is just horrible and the potraits are ugly
not to mention there's a HUGE seam down the middle of his upper body.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #2673
darren1228
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
darren1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taipei
Posts: 3,288
Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.



Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."
Oh but giving him a sculpted cape is way too complicated

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #2674
Thundercats-NO
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 63
That thing looks hideous

Just makes your argument sound less credible
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #2675
Y3E
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 8,251
The head is still too small.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #2676
GaryTonge
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer
 
GaryTonge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 3,209
I much prefer the Iron Studios Supes. The base on the P1 looks really gaudy.

I do like the option of choosing fabric or sculpted cape although I think the best strategy would have been to include the fabric cape with all of them.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #2677
Y3E
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 8,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I much prefer the Iron Studios Supes. The base on the P1 looks really gaudy.

I do like the option of choosing fabric or sculpted cape although I think the best strategy would have been to include the fabric cape with all of them.
IS version is nicer all around IMO. The only thing I don't like about IS version are the lines in shirt.

I get what darren is saying though. P1 listened to the collectors and made changes in short time too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #2678
gomur
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
gomur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 4,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.



Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."
Oh but giving him a sculpted cape is way too complicated

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.
Good points. P1 also adjusted the head which was too small previously. It's great practice and I wish SS would adopt more often. Sadly, with my biggest disappointments recently (Deathstroke, Lion-O) I think the changes would've been too extensive though. More to do with the overall design.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #2679
floreairfoot
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
floreairfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
That thing looks hideous

Just makes your argument sound less credible
Even if you don't like the design, it doesn't make his points any less credible...

It's a fact that Prime 1 is offering two versions of the same statue, and it's a much large piece than Magneto.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #2680
NorthernLadMSP
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member
 
NorthernLadMSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.



Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."
Oh but giving him a sculpted cape is way too complicated

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.


LOL, funny you mention this. I just said exactly the same thing to my friends in chat the other day.

Oh, and they had a pre-set ES and the statue sold out in, what, less than 2 hours? Magneto will be available for the next year to come.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com