Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2016, 02:03 PM   #2241
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

im just getting the symbiote,, no space for all.. specially 2 with same pose, have the comiq,, content with it
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #2242
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
He claims it fell on its own, so I guess we have to believe him.

The bigger issue is that the photo he provided shows that there is no apparent reinforcement added through the foot and leg...meaning that a thin piece of polystone is all that holds the piece up. I've tried to contact Sideshow to see if they can offer any explanation.
I am just curious, what do you honestly expect Sideshow to say? Clearly they will say that they thought that it was strong enough without a metal rod, hence why they didn't use one. You don't honestly think that Sideshow, or any other statue company for that matter, would just come right out and openly state that they knew something was going to be or could be an issue, but just ignored it anyways?

Personally, one person's statue breaking is not enough to get me concerned. If I start to see multiple posts with people having the same issue, then I will start to get worried. As is, mine feels pretty sturdy. I always handle all of my statues with extreme care and if I move them, I do so by holding and supporting the bottom of the base. I don't think I will have any issues with my Dardevil, but I guess time will tell.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #2243
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I am just curious, what do you honestly expect Sideshow to say? Clearly they will say that they thought that it was strong enough without a metal rod, hence why they didn't use one. You don't honestly think that Sideshow, or any other statue company for that matter, would just come right out and openly state that they knew something was going to be or could be an issue, but just ignored it anyways?

Personally, one person's statue breaking is not enough to get me concerned. If I start to see multiple posts with people having the same issue, then I will start to get worried. As is, mine feels pretty sturdy. I always handle all of my statues with extreme care and if I move them, I do so by holding and supporting the bottom of the base. I don't think I will have any issues with my Dardevil, but I guess time will tell.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #2244
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

I'm glad you're not concerned with yours at all. Who knows, maybe that 1/4" of unreinforced polystone can support the weight long term. I believe that there is a real possibility that the statue will creep over time, especially if there is any chance for temperature fluctuation (i.e. in the sun, a room that gets very warm during the day, near a heater etc.). Polystone is a plastic...ever had to use a hair dryer to straighten part of one of your statues? It gets pretty flexible with small amounts of heat.

I wanted Sideshow to explain why they didn't put the rod in that they said they were going to (SSAlex said in the Ask thread that they anticipated putting a metal rod in). I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #2245
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Hey, that's my picture. That'll be $9.99!!!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #2246
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Barbarian do you have the Wonder Woman PF? I'd love to see her posed with Ares if you had it.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #2247
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Barbarian do you have the Wonder Woman PF? I'd love to see her posed with Ares if you had it.
Sorry, Bulls. Don't have either. That's Leonidas, btw.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #2248
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people with waiting a bit to see if there is a leaning issue.
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #2249
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This wasn't even on my radar until I started reading this forum, aaaaand now i've pre-ordered the blue/red EX. I forsee this forum resulting in wallet pain going forward...
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #2250
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
This wasn't even on my radar until I started reading this forum, aaaaand now i've pre-ordered the blue/red EX. I forsee this forum resulting in wallet pain going forward...
Welcome to hell my friend. Kiss your wallet good bye. Haha
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote