Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #181
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I would bet that is not an opinion but a plains and simple truth, No way the actual paint job will look like that. Why you ask? because in the last 5 years they never painted any skin that well so to believe you will get that proto paint job that beats the original PFs paint is like believing in the tooth fairy.
King hulk looked like Proto.. Superman came out looking like Proto (granted not much paint but still)

Terminator 1 came out better looking then proto.

So I believe it's possible... But I don't think this Hulk will come out looking like Proto...
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #182
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
King hulk looked like Proto.. Superman came out looking like Proto (granted not much paint but still)

Terminator 1 came out better looking then proto.

So I believe it's possible... But I don't think this Hulk will come out looking like Proto...
I agree and there are others as well but nothing head to toe naked with flesh, those always seem to be far off the proto.

I was looking at this Hulk again, if they did paint it exactly like the proto it would be the best flesh paint ever for Sideshow and take the title away from the original PF.

I wish someone could photo shop this new hulk with an original maquette or even a Green Hulk PF in hand paint job so we could see what we are really getting. The paint makes it pop like crazy but if someone can make it simple green with a little shading like all the large naked Sideshow pieces I would love to see that to see how good it still looks.

That Proto paint is all kinds of awesome but that is a paint job done carefully by one great painter ro show off the sculpt, not the paint we will get.

I am hoping as if in hand it looks like this I will buy one. If not the original is kinda cooler looking and a Legacy piece.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #183
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Edition size has been set to the minimum...200.

lol, marketing fail.

Good. Now they can get this dreadful thing done and over with so we can all move on.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #184
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post

lol, marketing fail.

Good. Now they can get this dreadful thing done and over with so we can all move on.
OMG that's insane!! Prob the lowest ES in a loooooooong time!! Must have been hardly any orders one this for sure.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #185
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What 200 ES for Sideshow? Grail lol.

Still a pass for me.
Mamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #186
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
What 200 ES for Sideshow? Grail lol.

Still a pass for me.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #187
ambasah
Red Skull

it's just a nameplate. the regular will be plentiful I imagine.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #188
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Wow 200 est? Great!!
I love this statue ,the low est is a bonus, thanks sideshow,I was getting this no matter the est,I think it's a great looking hulk statue,and the nameplate is nicely done,thanks to everyone for ignoring this statue,lol...
Ps: grail or no Grail,i buy a statue because i like it,not because it will be a Grail in the future,..I have lots of grails in my collection but also some cheap stuff from fullmoon,and other company's ,I love them all the same!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #189
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post

lol, marketing fail.

Yeah, I thought statue itself was last on my list falling behind the premium format and the original maquette but a nameplate that would sit in the box and never in my display case killed it for me, the regular will be for sale likely for years with the open edition. And with such a high price tag for an average looking piece it will be easy to find. Plus, after the movies are done and gone people will be saying "Hey, Hulk does not wear flashy spandex work out pants"

Those pants will have to be explained to people in years to come for sure!
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #190
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well 200 is good for an EX.... Even if it's a bad EX

Problem is it's 200 for just the EX... there will still be many others of this piece... If it was 200 for EX and Reg it might add some interest to some.

Not sure what SSC was thinking here. They just stopped shipping the original Maquette that was 100.00 less and had the excuse of Legacy Effects to drive up the price. The Hulk PF's were / are still available for 200.00 less... Add to that the fact that the pose was uninspired and boring and you get the quietest Hulk statue release and thread ever.

I love me a good Hulk statue but this one never tempted me after the full reveal. If this was a kick ass statue with a great pose and perhaps bigger then the price might have been justifiable... But this one was DOA.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote