Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 AM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

WKTF, you forgot to mention this: these Maximums are clearly poking fun at the Ultimates:

Sodier - Captain America
Hornet - Wasp (looking very much like her ultimat
e version)
Skyscraper - Giant Man
Robot - Iron Man (original iron man costume rip off)
Viking - Thor
Bowman (who is currently dead on this team) = Hawkeye
bonk - hulk

And Soldier's dead son Lucky, who is stated to be the one character who can never return from the dead, is bucky.

And WKTF, you forgot to mention that Batzarro and Bizarro appear in this issue.

I'm not totally sure what is going on, but I'm excited to find out.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #12
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

I just finished reading Batman/Superman. I thought I was going crazy, so I said to myself, "I gotta check wk's review, see if he felt the same way". Sure enough. I'm relieved actually, I thought I was missing something, but it was completely unintelligible. Ugh. THe maxums? What, are they the Maxim magazine sponsered superteam? Bizarro? Batzarro? Why not Bat mite? Whatver. Killed Lois? What? where? Why? Ugh.

I wish I had the enthusiasm you guys do about how it's gonna end, but I don't know if I'll even get the next issue.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 AM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I just finished reading Batman/Superman. I thought I was going crazy, so I said to myself, "I gotta check wk's review, see if he felt the same way". Sure enough. I'm relieved actually, I thought I was missing something, but it was completely unintelligible. Ugh. THe maxums? What, are they the Maxim magazine sponsered superteam? Bizarro? Batzarro? Why not Bat mite? Whatver. Killed Lois? What? where? Why? Ugh.

I wish I had the enthusiasm you guys do about how it's gonna end, but I don't know if I'll even get the next issue.
Sam, give it a chance. This is obviulsy some alternate universe or timeline or something. I really likd the flow of the story. Sometimes not having all the answers is great.

The last storyline was very confusing and ended so well. I'm sure this will too. And I just love when the Ultimates are made fun of.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #14
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Sam, give it a chance. This is obviulsy some alternate universe or timeline or something. I really likd the flow of the story. Sometimes not having all the answers is great.

The last storyline was very confusing and ended so well. I'm sure this will too. And I just love when the Ultimates are made fun of.
I'll give it another chance, but only cause you and wk are. Respect yo.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:17 AM   #15
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I'll give it another chance, but only cause you and wk are. Respect yo.
Remember I'm gonna be reading the losers due to you.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:33 PM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
WKTF, you forgot to mention this: these Maximums are clearly poking fun at the Ultimates...And WKTF, you forgot to mention that Batzarro and Bizarro appear in this issue.

I'm not totally sure what is going on, but I'm excited to find out.
Well, b_c, in reality and fairness, I opted not to talk about Batzarro and Bizarro as my reviews tend to run a little longer due to their format and thought mentioning my overall confusion about these two just reinforced the points I was making. The link either to Avengers (thought Hornets costume looked more like the current MU Wasp than the Ultimate Wasp) or Ultimates did occur to me but, you're right, I neglected to put this in. I don't get to writing these until late at night, due to kids related stuff, and don't usually finish 'til about 1am so fatigue and a desire to finish them off may account for my neglecting to put these in as well.

As far as being excited to find out what's going on, I don't really share your excitement. We all were rewarded by the last S/B story arc by the time it finished, and it was a great one no doubt. But when I read this issue one of my first thoughts was, "oh, no...not again..."
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I agree, I thought they were poking fun at the Avengers/Ulitmates.........I am getting really tired of all the time jumping/alternate realities and the like...........what the hell was the Bizarro/Batzarro thing??? I was cross eyed for days after reading Supes/Bats #20. I will be glad when this is all over.........

Oh crap, it just hit me, when the Bowman said that the only person to stay dead was the Soldier's son, LUCKY...............

Wow, little slow on the pick up................Definately looking forward to this ending. A guy at my LCS said that since they have not given sneaks about the next creative team, that DC will be ending this title. Seems strange that they would quit on one of there best sellers............who knows.........
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote