Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thumbs down Babydoll Japanese version is a lottery system! Lame!!!

Here's the newsletter from GG on Babydoll which will be open to PGM! Here's the catch, it's a lottery system. If u tell me, that is a Piss @ss way of doing business GG? It should be first come first serve!

Dear God,

Special Premier Guild Members' Offering

Sucker Punch Babydoll Variant Statue (Japan Exclusive) will be made available to Premier Guild Members via a LOTTERY SYSTEM. Pre-orders will be taken on September 1st and September 2nd. Once the product is available, the orders will be randomly chosen and processed for payment to be fulfilled; all other orders will be cancelled and customers will be notified accordingly.

Sucker Punch Babydoll Variant Statue-Japan Exclusive

You MUST have a 2011 membership to pre-order this item. LIMITED to ONE per CUSTOMER ACCOUNT. If your name is chosen and your payment is not approved we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fulfill your order; so please make sure that all your billing information is correct for this order.

We expect the statue to be available for shipping in early September. We will send an email notification all customers that have pre-orders for this item be orders are fulfilled.

Happy Collecting!

Gentle Giant Ltd.

This message was sent to by www.gentlegiantltd.com
located at Gentle Giant Ltd., 7511 North San Fernando Road Burbank, California 91505.
Click here to unsubscribe.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
AstroWho
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Wonder how many GG have available for this Lottery?
Thank God I have one on order from Hobby!
AstroWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

haha!

glad I ordered mine from HLJ. have fun with the lottery suckers
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
dechirico7
The Flash

So they will pick people that have been members for years over new members. Sounds like a hassle.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I believe there are 100 going up. I think most PGM members will enter to win or flip. As long as nothing is rigged I think it's an okay way to do it rather than having their servers crash and ticking a bunch of folks off (I'm still POed about the Blackhole Stormtrooper fiasco). I didn't pre-order BD and would prefer not to pay ebay prices. Other folks got allocated and/or shafted, so I'm not sure how that makes anyone a sucker. If you got your order filled congrats, but it's just a statue.

I wonder if this means they will also back out folks who ordered the first one direct from GG trying to come back in and double-dip. It would be the fair way to do it of course.

And even if I lose the raffle it'll probably mean flip pieces flooding onto ebay, which should lower the price.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What gets me is they consider a lottery system a preorder but with no guarantees?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
dechirico7
The Flash

And why didnt i get the newsletter?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

I'm glad you guys are talking about this. I know this isn't exactly a popular move, but here's a little insight as to why we're doing this lottery-style. The main reasoning is that:

a) we have collectors around the world that want this piece, and just saying "all 100 will go up for sale at 1pm PST" isn't fair to our collectors that will be asleep or stuck at work without access to the 'net when it happens.

b) there are only 100 available and the demand is significantly higher than the supply

c) this prevents less scrupulous collectors with multiple accounts on our site and a fast connection from buying multiples when they go up and sticking it to the rest of the community by trying to flip them for significantly more money on auction sites

It *will* be done completely randomly (with the results being checked to ensure no one gets a duplicate order in there before cards are processed). No favorites will be played.

We're not just doing this lightly; we talked about this decision extensively internally, going over a couple of different options for distribution before deciding that lottery was the best way to go, considering the circumstances.

If you've got questions, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks!
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
And why didnt i get the newsletter?
We've got over 20,000 people on our mailing list. To ensure we don't get flagged as spammers, messages are sent out on a time delay, meaning it can take several hours for a newsletter to go out. Don't worry, it's probably on its way.
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Barbarian
Jedi Order

"Happy Collecting!"
...and gooooooood luck!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote