Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Thanks statman.... and I was only kidding about Howard.

Aww man! Too bad, that would have been fun! lol
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 AM   #12
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
My answers in bold...

Men are at peak strength in their 40's. Being young doesn't meant strong

All the world's strongest men are in their late 30"s
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:19 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
My answers in bold...
7. Nebula 2014, impersonating her future self, is brought to 2023 along with the other Avengers. But if she gave the Pym particles to Thanos, how could this have happened?
Plot hole.
This actually isn't a plot hole. Banner/Hulk explains, that removing something from your past doesn't change what happened in your time stream but only creates a divergent time stream. There is now a Divergent time stream where Thanos never tried to steal the stones and Xandar was never destroyed.

9. Where does Rhodey’s new armor come from? Was it already somewhere at the Avengers Facility main building and was buried along with them?
Another plot hole.
This I agree with, they really should have shown where he got that armor from.

12. Were we supposed to think old man Steve lived out his second chance at life with Peggy in the main MCU timeline or in an alternate timeline? The way the scene played out it seemed like he was already sitting on the bench even before his younger self left. Doesn’t this go against what they set up in terms of their time travel theory used for the film?

yet another plot hole.
No it doesn't, in 2012 Cap fought cap in the time stream. That means 2 caps can exist in the same time line without causing a divergence. All Steve and Peggy would need to do is keep who married her a secret, different name, keep his identity Secret. By the time Cap is un-thawed Peggy is already 93 They would have lived a full life and Cap does everything he's supposed to do and still has a chance with Peggy. It's also why you can see that Peggy never named her husband in the video at the museum, Sharon Carter never mentions her uncle, and Peggy has a picture of Steve on her desk in 1970 and not her husband.

13. The details on the shield he gives Sam are slightly different than his old one. Is this actually a completely different shield that he gets from someone else?
I noticed the slight differences as well. Maybe another prototype that Howard Stark was working on in the past. This time made of... Adamantium!

Well it would have to be a different shield, so I'd imagine the details would be different.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #14
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Just to clarify my confusion about Nebula.

The Avengers have to shrink and enter the quantum realm in order to time travel. They only had enough Pym particles for one trip to the past and to return. So, if Nebula (2014) gives Thanos (2014) the pym particles to shrink his ship, there shouldn't have been any for her to be pulled back to 2023 when the Avengers all got back. The only way I can wrap my brain around it is that Thanos somehow duplicated the particles.

So old man Steve was "always" the husband Peggy mentioned in earlier films. That is very possible, but it bothers me a bit. I did just check my copy of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and her husband is never named nor is he in any of the pictures of her family. Interesting.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #15
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

You may know that Tom Holland confirmed the fan theory that the kid in the toy Iron Man mask during the drone attack at the Stark Expo in Iron Man 2 was actually a young Peter Parker.

I may be over reaching here but...what if we had both old man Steve and Steve carrying Peggy's casket in Civil War?

Old 04-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #16
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
You may know that Tom Holland confirmed the fan theory that the kid in the toy Iron Man mask during the drone attack at the Stark Expo in Iron Man 2 was actually a young Peter Parker.

I may be over reaching here but...what if we had both old man Steve and Steve carrying Peggy's casket in Civil War?

We'd never know, lol, also If you go back to Winter Soldier, there are no pictures of her husband on her night stand in the hospital. Something tells me Steve's ending had been planned for a long time.

Though I'm still upset that he's gone from the MCU, at least, for now.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Though I'm still upset that he's gone from the MCU, at least, for now.
me too, im just glad they didnt kill him off. knowing their contracts were up i was assuming the worst going into this...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:49 PM   #18
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
No it doesn't, in 2012 Cap fought cap in the time stream. That means 2 caps can exist in the same time line without causing a divergence. All Steve and Peggy would need to do is keep who married her a secret, different name, keep his identity Secret. By the time Cap is un-thawed Peggy is already 93 They would have lived a full life and Cap does everything he's supposed to do and still has a chance with Peggy. It's also why you can see that Peggy never named her husband in the video at the museum, Sharon Carter never mentions her uncle, and Peggy has a picture of Steve on her desk in 1970 and not her husband.

So he made out with his niece (Agent 13) in Civil War??
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

How very like Game of Thrones. That is funny.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #20
Mister H
Gen 13

Maybe Cap is really from the South?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote