Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2019, 02:18 PM   #21
risingstar
Jedi Order

1. Who actually puts mayonnaise on a hot dog?
- Quebecers

2. Did Captain Marvel meet the Avengers as per the post-credit scene in her movie before going out to find Stark and Nebula?
- She found Stark on her way back from the intergalactic hair dresser's appointment -- after having met the Avengers on Earth.

3. Do you think the earthquake under the ocean was foreshadowing for Namor and Atlantis?
- Possible but it seems a stretch at this point

4. When 2023 Cap was fighting 2012 Cap I was expecting to see a clear difference in fighting skill and strength in favor of 2023 Cap. I’ve had the impression from each film to film, since The First Avenger, that Cap was simply getting better. Anyone else think this?
- That would have made for a boring fight. Also, Cap 2012 had every reason to go 100% thinking it was a fake-Cap whereas 2023 Cap was likely holding back and fighting defensively.

5. Nebula fails to return to the future with Rhodey and loses consciousness in the Temple of the Power Stone. At no point does Korath show up as he did in Guardians at that scene. Do you think it was because of changes to the timeline caused by Thanos becoming aware of the future through 2014 Nebula holographic projections?
- I think Korath was looking for a parking spot for the Kree ship at the time and simply left his comrades at the door of the stone's location. He would be there in a couple of minutes after putting cash in the meter.

6. Are the souls of both Gamora and Black Widow trapped in some way by the soul stone? Will this be used in the future in order to get them back?
- I'm inclined to think dead is dead when it comes to the soul stone.

7. Nebula 2014, impersonating her future self, is brought to 2023 along with the other Avengers. But if she gave the Pym particles to Thanos, how could this have happened?
- She had no fear doing this. Thanos was on his way to wreak havoc. She had 100% faith that Thanos would win the day regardless.

8. The “cavalry” at the final battle include the return of the dusted heroes, the Wakandan army and airforce, Valkyrie, Miek, Korg, the Asgardian warriors, Wong, other magicians, Wasp, the Ravagers, Pepper in her Rescue armor and Howard the Duck. Did I miss anyone?
- Hmmm... maybe Stallone's original GOTG ?

9. Where does Rhodey’s new armor come from? Was it already somewhere at the Avengers Facility main building and was buried along with them?
- That would be my guess. Also, Rhodey is probably able to get a new armor by remote.

10. How was Tony, a mortal man, able to even momentarily survive long enough to use the power of the all six stones when even one was too much for Peter Quill, the son of Ego? Was his armor protecting him? Did having the arc reactor in his body for years change him in some way? Is it simply because “he is Iron Man”?
- Absolutely. That armor can withstand just about anything. It lasted ten seconds, enough to snap.

11. What happened to Gamora 2014 after Stark’s snap? Was she dusted with the rest of Thanos’ army? Did she slip away and find a way off Earth?
- No. She turned into a good guy in time.

12. Were we supposed to think old man Steve lived out his second chance at life with Peggy in the main MCU timeline or in an alternate timeline? The way the scene played out it seemed like he was already sitting on the bench even before his younger self left. Doesn’t this go against what they set up in terms of their time travel theory used for the film?
- Yes.

13. The details on the shield he gives Sam are slightly different than his old one. Is this actually a completely different shield that he gets from someone else?
- Completely different? No. But a lot can happen in 80 years. I'm betting on the side of added tech.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:36 PM   #22
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The Avengers Endgame IMDB has a good one. Apparently, in the scene where Clint gives Black Panther the gauntlet you can clearly see a Giant-Man fighting a space leviathan in the background. The only problem with this is that Scott and Hope are already in the van.

While this is certainly a continuity error, I'd like to think that maybe it was Bill Foster as Goliath lending a hand.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:50 PM   #23
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Thanks statman.... and I was only kidding about Howard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Aww man! Too bad, that would have been fun! lol
Oh my god.... I outsmarted myself. I thought I was joking, but Howard is actually there!!!!!!!! LOL

https://marvelll.fr/avengers-endgame...ward-the-duck/
Old 04-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #24
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Very interesting interview with the Russo brothers about the Cap ending.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
12. Were we supposed to think old man Steve lived out his second chance at life with Peggy in the main MCU timeline or in an alternate timeline? The way the scene played out it seemed like he was already sitting on the bench even before his younger self left. Doesn’t this go against what they set up in terms of their time travel theory used for the film?
So, has Cap been living in the past this whole time — or did he go and live in another dimension?

The directors say it’s the latter.

“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality,” Joe explained. “The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away?”

The brothers smile.

“Interesting question, right?” Joe said. “Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking.”
Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #25
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The mechanics of time travel as used in Endgame and the apparent plot hole of old man Cap have been on my mind since I watched the movie.

The following two you-tubers are among the better, if not easy to follow, explanations I've seen online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AehoIOT4M-w&t=298s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRBSc7snUY
Old 05-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #26
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/m...sultPosition=1

Finally some answers! I don't need every detail explained to enjoy the film, but some of the things I didn't understand took me out of the movie.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I'm eventually going to stop posting so much about Endgame... but maybe not this week.

I had a question about Cap giving the "new" shield to Sam. Since it now seems that Cap lived his last 60+ years in an alternate timeline, do you think it is possible the dialogue of Sam saying the shield feels like it belongs to someone else, and Cap going "It isn't" implies that the shield already belonged to Sam, only the Sam of the alternate reality?

Old 05-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #28
Augen
Metal Men

Post away, we're all nerds here!

Possibly, I still get confused with time travel and if Cap grew old witnessing the events unfold or if he went somewhere else.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #29
Mister H
Gen 13

I think there is a Multiverse now. Hopefully we will get a Captain Britain as a protector of the multiverse. Or is it omniverse?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #30
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I'd say the MCU is just a multiverse, at least, for now.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Omniverse

Oh and if we're getting Captain Britain then I demand an Alpha Flight.