Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #1331
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I'd very much like to see some really good quality pics. Mask and chest box close ups please. Also details on the mixed media would be appreciated.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:46 PM   #1332
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Take the full refund then order another one. They like to play games with a product that has such a huge edition size? Show them you know how to play the game too.
Yes that is obviously good tactic that they've caught us doing on several occasions and stopped it before it shipped and declined to do that for us! Have you actually done this luminous and had it work for you ??

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:46 PM   #1333
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post

Just had a response, which is alot quicker than I expected to be honest.

They've offered me $50 credit for the damaged base which I have declined.
50 bucks? Yikes better get on that refund real quick!
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #1334
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I'd very much like to see some really good quality pics. Mask and chest box close ups please. Also details on the mixed media would be appreciated.
Got Lord Vader today. These are just phone pics. For me, best Vader to date. Love it! My Yoda/Clonetrooper PF is still my fave though.
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #1335
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Awesome shots Inkedsushi! I love your display! Awesome wall colour and/or lighting. That looks outstanding!

I think this turned out pretty good, or at least, very similar to the prototype.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #1336
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yes that is obviously good tactic that they've caught us doing on several occasions and stopped it before it shipped and declined to do that for us! Have you actually done this luminous and had it work for you ??

Sarah
Unfortunately yes, I've had to resort to such tactics and yes they've worked. That said I do have the benefit of having friends and family ready to help out.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #1337
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Got Lord Vader today. These are just phone pics. For me, best Vader to date. Love it! My Yoda/Clonetrooper PF is still my fave though.
Great pictures. Thank you very much.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:09 PM   #1338
Inkedsushi

Edit

Last edited by Inkedsushi; 08-06-2017 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Had to move again
Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 PM   #1339
Inkedsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Great pictures. Thank you very much.
Thank you and no prob!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #1340
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Thank you sir!! I've been in the midst of finishing my basement. It's been months of after work and building, but I'm about 85 percent finished. Went from a little dinky room lol to 3/4 of the basement(I have a lovely supporting wife lol). That's the reason why my collection isn't on the forum. May as well finish this and then show, but that's a little corner of it. I'm getting a lot of 1/2 scales by the end of the year and early 2017 so I also made my own pedestals(almost finished). Rigged up spotlights and tons of other stuff. My pedestals imo turned out really good for around 50 bux Canadian. Once I show them and whoever wants to try their own, I will gladly give them my drawings and instructions. Probably saved over 3000 doing it myself. I painted the walls a light grey with silver oak/blue vinyl flooring, which makes both sides pop. My lighting is from Rona. I can't remember what they are called but they are in the green box multicolour. I set them on the cool blue. Anyways, I will for sure show everything once I'm fully finished. But yes, I definitely think this turned out like the proto plus the lights are freaking awesome. Especially his saber(which start from hilt to tip like shaak ti'). I always liked the pose because I knew how I was going to display him. Thanks Gary!
Pedestals are certainly the way to go to make statues stand out! That cool blue setting really is epic! I can't wait to see your full unveiling! So far, it's looking epic!

Glad to hear you have a supportive wife. That always helps. My wife is "okay" with my collection but my boy loves it.

Are you on our Canadian Facebook Collectors page?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote