Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #101
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post

I never took notice of it before, but why is the Sideshow ESB Fett's flight suit so tight on him? You have all these technicality nerds trying to put down the helmet of XM's Fett as being too small. XM's isn't even at prototype stage yet, so they can tweak his uniform at anytime. Well, Sideshow's is obviously past the proto stage, so what do you have to say about his flight suit?

At this point in the game, I'd have to say that SS's skin-tight flight suit is way worse than an early computer rendering of a slightly undersized helmet.
Lol errr. now that you mention it, I see it too. Those yoga pants on the SS version Now I will really get rid of the ss version for sure. XM is the one I want. I can deal with the smaller helmet because of the better pose, base, and it's fully sculpted.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:39 AM   #102
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
I never took notice of it before, but why is the Sideshow ESB Fett's flight suit so tight on him? You have all these technicality nerds trying to put down the helmet of XM's Fett as being too small. XM's isn't even at prototype stage yet, so they can tweak his uniform at anytime. Well, Sideshow's is obviously past the proto stage, so what do you have to say about his flight suit?

At this point in the game, I'd have to say that SS's skin-tight flight suit is way worse than an early computer rendering of a slightly undersized helmet.
Try this method instead:

Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:01 AM   #103
dao2
Cyclops

Well it is true, especially on his ESB outfit it was much baggier and the pockets were huge ;p I don't think that's straw grasping... Though the helmet on the XM does also look a bit small ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:25 AM   #104
Hotsaltysea
Frackin!

Not into SW but still going to sgtcc... Anyone interested pm me.
Hotsaltysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #105
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Dr. Doom must be visiting cloud city

Actually I think SS stole XM's Daredevil pose

Seriously though, both statues look cool.... I'm just not a big fan of mix media... I have a few but prefer full sculpts..
well the base for the McQ Stormtrooper isn't a cloud city themed base. its a death star or star destroyer themed base. so not really sure why your comparing the DrD base with the McQ ST for..
hes def visiting the death star or a stardestoyer.. .lol

and just for the record, SS came out with their ESB Boba Fett the year before XM came out with their DD. soo, you really should do your research before trying to make a mockery of what i was saying.

i know its all in good fun :thunbs2:

Quote:

yup your right they are, and all us nerds (meaning ME ) have pointed this out already. but he is bending at the knees so the pants would tighten up a bit. but yup i can agree they are still a bit too tight.
but, even though the piece is well past the proto stage doent mean the suit cannot be addressed (after all it is real cloth, and not fully sculpted). SS has done this plenty of times in the past and corrected things long after the proto has been revealed. even though the pieces are still in production. they still could possibly be corrected. def something SS could address and correct but i wouldn't put money on it that they do. but it would be cool if they did.

and reason way i bring up the fact the head is too small on the XM piece even if its a digital render. is because this is a common thing with them, just like it was for the DD piece in which they acknowledged it was too big and said they would correct it. but yet they didn't. and if they did, it wasn't enough because his head is still to small. doesn't mean that XM wont address it and correct it. they just might.

and i completely disagree with you about the smaller helemt and pants scenario, i would much rather have it the other way around. do tot he reason i just gave to why his pants look tight. cloth bends and folds shrinks and expands to a person's body when wearing it. a hard metal (technically fiberglass) helemt does not. so its more logical for the helmet to be the correct size in proportion tio the body than a pair of pants or flight suit for that matter,.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #106
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

The issue I have with SS Boba is the black underbase. They're sticking it everywhere and really, doesn't make much sense.
It adds nothing to the piece except unnecessary height and actually clashes with the diorama upper portion of the base. If you have to mix black bases and diorama bases, go the PCS route, with some enviromental elements directly on the black base.
Action/semi-action poses with diorama bases just don't go well with the black underbase imho.
Far from a dealbreaker for most people for sure, but it's something that bugs me enough to pass on a piece, if there are other not convincing points in it.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #107
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The head is perfectly fine. Every single head I have is relative to the size of the statue. Hulks head is relative to his size. BW is relative to hers. Ant-man and Wolvie are just fine for their size.

I just don't see this head thing D...not at all.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #108
Peedi
The Secret Six

It's all good loric. I'm one that does see it for specifically this Fett, the helmet on Boba Fett in the movies is 1. wider across and 2. Slightly more flared out in shape as it goes from top to bottom than what it is on this statue. Look at how much over his shoulders it covers in the pics below.

And it makes sense since a helmet should be larger than the head inside it, and Fett has a bunch of bounty hunting gear inside his helmet (sensors, scope, communicator).

ESB

RotJ

Anyways, a few tweaks (following the RotJ version since that's what this statue is based on) and the accuracy could be perfect.

Even if not tweaked once we see the sculpt, nothing as is stops me from wanting this.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #109
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yep both look great ! I always knew that sideshows base was something from cloud city but what is it?? I thought it was ship door that was opening and he was stepping out of it but that's obviously not the case! Again I like it but don't know what it is and I'm not sure what xm base is either that he's blasting off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yep pretty much sideshow has no thought process when doing bases anymore luckily I have xm who actually puts effort and thought into even the bases !
Do these points made moments away from each other counter each other? They appear to.

So i am currently making payments on the SS Fett. I love it. I think this XM piece also looks great.

That said, I don't think it's necessary to bash another piece with criticism to make your point. If you like the XM piece then say you like it and move on. No need to destroy other pieces that people have on order or have been worked on by other artists.

You see, many people can't afford to pay $1k each for polystone fantasy figures...nobody really needs to hear what makes $400 statues inferior products.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #110
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Just read back my post and I came across like a bit of a d&$@.

Just saying please be cognizant of other people when making points. Both pieces look great. Congrats to all buyers.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote