Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Bobby C

Old 07-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
Vader
Ghost

I think its the angle of the head.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #32
Vader
Ghost

Bobby,

How's the Reeve going? I can't wait to see it!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #33
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi vader, if all else fails , paint the clay!, well this actaully helps me even more,
I cant do nothing about the cross eye at this time, and I have to tripple check him, likeness is getting there.
2 minute paint up shows me everyhting.
[IMG][/IMG]
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #34
Vader
Ghost

It's looking really good. this is a different picture. will give you a different perspective. Sometimes reeves "superman" hair can be distracting.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #35
Vader
Ghost

I'd say the bottom lip is slightly full and a little long. It may taper more at the edges. But its pretty amazing. still would love to see a profile shot.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #36
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I would have to agree with you. maybe a bit long, just really trying to stay away from the puckered look.
I take pics and study them , go back and do the changes, the eye throws me off big time.

aklso once he goes int o silicon it amplifies the likeness
you seriously get blind when doing a sculpt there is so much pressure on getting correct.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #37
Vader
Ghost

In this picture, you can see a similar angle.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #38
Vader
Ghost

You want to get this one right because you're pretty close. Can you rework after you do the silicone pull?

It's just with the degree of the smile, it's hard to nail it down. His lips can thin out quite a bit depending on the smile. So you really have to use the right picture to capture the moment.

I still think there is slightly more width in the cheek/jaw area. But I could be wrong. The eye might be throwing me off. It makes it looks like the eyes are position closer than they are.. If you can post shots at different angles, including a profile shot, it would help me to see the full thing.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #39
Bobby C

I will post some pics when i get up, I have one pic I will post that I like allot.
maybe your right on the width,that can be easliy altered in silicon, but I will keep going till I nail it .
Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #40
Vader
Ghost

There is no question it's reeve. You've captured the likeness incredibly. This is niggly nit picking. I'm trying to find something wrong. Knowing how much of a perfectionist you are, I just wouldn't want you to feel you didn't hit the likeness 100% after the project is done. You may have it, but I've only seen the one angle. I'm scared to throw you off.