Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #51
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
oh I don't think i'm going to stop doing this job (i'm not that lucky) . . . just a little tweaked. You know like how a nightmare stays with you for a while throughout the day? Its like that except its been a week now.
That's perfectly natural to feel bad about this...you're having a normal reaction to an abnormal circumstance. I'm sure you'll be fine after a while, Erin.

Just remember that it's ok to feel like this at the moment, and that it'll pass, it was a freak accident

RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #52
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I was travelling through Brazil for 3 months, half way through it was going great. Booked tickets to dive off a small island thats notorious for fantastic diving. Anyways, the place I was staying was a small hut/dorm thing, and I hadnt noticed the wiring for this lamp, that was connected to a socket with about 5 different things jammed into it, and the wires being open. I turned on the lamp which was metallic and a huge jolt shot into my arm, forcing my grip to the lamp. For what felt like minutes, I couldnt actually let go, until somehow, maybe the surge died down or the power went, but my arm released and I could let go, but the pain was immense.

I actually had a small black circle on my thumb for months after that, which appeared moments after the shock, never knew what it was but it eventually went. Bad times :-)

Its just one of those things, its really unpleasant, but you know the old saying, any one you can walk away from right?
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #53
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylover View Post
Living across from a farm, I used to sneak into the pastures to see the cows.
I hope you name isn't a literal meaning...
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #54
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #55
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jansen View Post
You guys are TERRIBLE!!!!

First off, I'm a GIRL!

Secondly, 'fuzzylover' has been my 'ID' for years on various forums, and was based off of me being a FERRET owner. We call them 'fuzzies'.
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #56
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
You guys are TERRIBLE!!!!
Since I started it, I'm sorry....not

Quote:
First off, I'm a GIRL!
Well hello there. HOW YOU DOIN'?!

Quote:
Secondly, 'fuzzylover' has been my 'ID' for years on various forums, and was based off of me being a FERRET owner. We call them 'fuzzies'.
Riiiiiiiiiight......
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #57
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
That's perfectly natural to feel bad about this...you're having a normal reaction to an abnormal circumstance. I'm sure you'll be fine after a while, Erin.

Just remember that it's ok to feel like this at the moment, and that it'll pass, it was a freak accident

Yeah, time has definitely helped. Its been almost 2 weeks now. Sadly my foot still hurts really really bad. I'm keeping fairly positive because I know it will heal, and within a few weeks or so I'll be back to my old over-active self. This whole thing has given me a new perspective on the permanently disabled. Its so freaking hard to move around without both feet functioning at 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
I was travelling through Brazil for 3 months, half way through it was going great. Booked tickets to dive off a small island thats notorious for fantastic diving. Anyways, the place I was staying was a small hut/dorm thing, and I hadnt noticed the wiring for this lamp, that was connected to a socket with about 5 different things jammed into it, and the wires being open. I turned on the lamp which was metallic and a huge jolt shot into my arm, forcing my grip to the lamp. For what felt like minutes, I couldnt actually let go, until somehow, maybe the surge died down or the power went, but my arm released and I could let go, but the pain was immense.

I actually had a small black circle on my thumb for months after that, which appeared moments after the shock, never knew what it was but it eventually went. Bad times :-)

Its just one of those things, its really unpleasant, but you know the old saying, any one you can walk away from right?
But I can't walk right now! LOL

i kid i kid. its a good saying. glad you weren't seriously hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post

AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #58
rubeng
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Glad to hear your okay. In my job I mess with 60 volts and 90 volts, not much just feels like a small tingle. We are suppose to use volt meters, which I keep missplacing, but if you are sweaty or its raining and you accidentally hit that 90, it hurts a little.
rubeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:02 PM   #59
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I was working at a place that installed token operated machines, like washers and dryers, arcade games, etc. I was working on this dryer, had the front panel open, and apparently the other guy with me had turned the power back on. My screwdriver touched the metal frame of the coin box and I got a nice-sized jolt. My chest and arms locked up hard, like I was trying to squeeze something to death. I felt weird for about 2 hours.

Also, in an almost-death scenario, I was working a electrical maintenance-type job at an old hotel. We had to re-run a bunch of phone lines and repair messed up wiring. There was a light switch that was inactive by a laundromat, but the wires were apparently still active. On top of that, whoever had originally did the wiring didn't add a ground. As I was unscrewing the faceplate for the switch, the wires twisted (they weren't anchored well either) and one of them touched the metal housing. It was basically a fireball that shot out of the switch a two feet from my head, and the box on the other side of the wall inside the laundromat. Scared the dogs**t out of the woman that was doing her clothes. Could have been real bad for me.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote