Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2019, 05:58 PM   #351
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i cant speak from experience but i know nearmint ordered something and didnt hear anything for weeks so he ended up canceling i believe. i watched a review for DKR batman that was shipped economy and the reviewer said he got it in less than a week i think so its a mixed bag
Well hopefully I get lucky. I'm definitely buying the Dany & dragons piece.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #352
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't really think it's as much cause for concern as some have made it out to be......it's "slow boat" shipping from a hell of a long way away. I think the reason why it says it could take 1-3 months is because sometimes you may get yours loaded when the boat is about full, and sometimes you may have to wait for it to fill up.

I'm not saying they're perfect or whatever, but things really haven't changed much. Now you're just ordering it directly from them, rather than have Sideshow being the one to wait on the boat shipment to get here. This is why Sideshow's P1 ship dates were always 1-3 months later than what it said on P1's site.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #353
sparda
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenyasha View Post
Never going to happen sideshow is an american company they have more money. Prime 1 just like Xm are small companies still.
P1's main clientele is China-based. And based on the amounts they are selling there, I wouldn't call P1 small anymore. They have grown too quick though, with all the growing pains still showing. :/
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #354
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I don't really think it's as much cause for concern as some have made it out to be......it's "slow boat" shipping from a hell of a long way away. I think the reason why it says it could take 1-3 months is because sometimes you may get yours loaded when the boat is about full, and sometimes you may have to wait for it to fill up.

I'm not saying they're perfect or whatever, but things really haven't changed much. Now you're just ordering it directly from them, rather than have Sideshow being the one to wait on the boat shipment to get here. This is why Sideshow's P1 ship dates were always 1-3 months later than what it said on P1's site.
If I order an in-stock item from Sideshow, it ships in a day or two. In April, I ordered an in-stock item from Prime 1, and after 9 weeks it hadn’t even shipped yet.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:38 PM   #355
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If I order an in-stock item from Sideshow, it ships in a day or two. In April, I ordered an in-stock item from Prime 1, and after 9 weeks it hadn’t even shipped yet.
Normal shipping though?
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #356
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I know, but what I'm saying is when you order an "In Stock" Prime 1 item from Sideshow, it means that it is literally already sitting in their warehouse in California. There's no additional wait time for it to come over on a boat, it's already happened. Where as now when you're ordering an "In Stock" item straight from Prime 1, none of the shipping time that has to do with it being loaded on a boat and getting over to America has happened yet. That's what I'm saying. That "wait" still happened on P1 products carried by Sideshow, but Sideshow accounted for that in their in stock dates. It's the reason why the DKR Master Race Batman shows as Dec 19 - Feb 20 on P1's site and Feb 20 - Apr 20 at Sideshow.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #357
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I know, but what I'm saying is when you order an "In Stock" Prime 1 item from Sideshow, it means that it is literally already sitting in their warehouse in California. There's no additional wait time for it to come over on a boat, it's already happened. Where as now when you're ordering an "In Stock" item straight from Prime 1, none of the shipping time that has to do with it being loaded on a boat and getting over to America has happened yet. That's what I'm saying. That "wait" still happened on P1 products carried by Sideshow, but Sideshow accounted for that in their in stock dates. It's the reason why the DKR Master Race Batman shows as Dec 19 - Feb 20 on P1's site and Feb 20 - Apr 20 at Sideshow.
Everything that you are saying is true. However, that is not what is happening and not what we are talking about with the current shipping delays. P1 themselves have said to us that the economy shipping wasn't working as planned and was taking too long. They refunded most/all of us 1/2 of the shipping price we paid because of that and told us that all economy shipping would be shipped out "this month" (July). Nothing has shipped yet. This is what people are concerned about, not the waiting to fill a container/boat shipping time/customs/etc...
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:21 PM   #358
nearmint
Phoenix

Right. And in my case, they gave me a full refund, including my NRD.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM   #359
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
Normal shipping though?
I paid off my P1 in-stock AK Batman Beyond (a month early) last Wednesday, it shipped (standard shipping option) last Saturday & is currently en route w/ delivery scheduled for tomorrow via DHL. Similar experience for Hush Superman except it took a week longer to ship....I think if you catch them early enough in the week it gets out sooner as they seem to ship on Saturdays USA time.

In my case the difference between economy & standard was only $60 this time for the one huge box of 34 lbs.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #360
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I actually think that this was a deliberate move by P1. John Pham was present at SDCC with KA Kim, at Sideshow booth. Their products were on display. ( Fair enough, they were only the ones Sideshow has in stock, but still). I wouldn't be surprised that P1 just wants to do it by themselves.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote