Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #11
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Well... I have been playing the game for a couple of days now and it's just not for me though. Tried to like it but it gets boring after a while. The planets look alike (the ones I visited so far) and the creatures living on them does not interest at all; the bastards keep running away when all I want to do is feed them... got frustrated and started killing them.

No real gameplay other than visiting planet to planet (or spacestations) , mining for materials to improve equipment.

So much for the hype, I'll think twice ordering a game I'm not entirely sure I'm going to like.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

It's an exploration game. You gather resources, craft and explore. That said the repetitive worlds and creatures does have me concerned. I've only warp jumped twice so I am still enjoying the game. Just wondering if I am going to reach the limit of what there is to actually discover sooner rather than later. I do think this issue can be addressed with patches. I think something should have been added to algorithm to introduce new experiences as you reached new gameplay/time milestones.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #13
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

My problem is no damn planet map.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #14
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

Well, I've just arrived in a system that someone else has been to.
It's weird, I felt almost disappointed and annoyed that another person has been here and seen things before me!
A planet had been named, but all of the creatures and plants on it so far have been discovered by me, so they must not have stayed long.

It was in a system with an Atlas Station, so I guess people following that path are getting funnelled in the same direction.

I don't know, it just made my journey feel a little less 'special' for a while.
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:16 AM   #15
Python
Omega Red

Oh dear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 AM   #16
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

A lot of those complaints are valid to some degree. I wouldn't be surprised if some features were dropped to meet the growing demand of a release date.
Perhaps they will be added later in updates to catch up.

I managed to enter a black hole and got shot off to a completely new area in the galaxy, far away from any one else. So I'm happily exploring all by myself again!
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #17
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
First minute and a half of Joe's review pretty much sums up this game

What a waste of my 60 euro... over here people are trying to get rid of this game by offering it for half (and still no takers).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #18
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I didn't buy this in the end but that's the way I feared it'd turn out, a real shame as it could've been groundbreaking.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Damn, it's difficult to argue with that review....
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #20
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

So glad this game turned out and happened the way it did. For years...over a decade...I have not been buying into hype and warning then mocking others that do.

Too many years have games come and gone, at full price and the cycle just kept repeating, people just kept buying day 1. The way this came out, I see so many articles and so many people "now" seeing the marketing-hype train and how bad it can be. HOPEFULLY now your average consumer will be more aware of "hype" and take their time, thus reflecting on the companies by not allowing them to constantly push out rehashed garbage or incomplete games, without know fully ahead of time.

To be fair, I bought this day 1. Not due to hype, never even followed it until the day before. I totally agree on the 60 bucks point for a game like this...20-30 tops. I mainly bought it due to being curious of the procedural nature and timing just made it so I wasnt really playing anything else at the moment (still waiting on Urien for SFV, ha).

I feel bad for those that thought this was a different game. What little I knew of it ahead of time...it was pretty much exactly what I thought. For size, tech, art achieved, I wanted to give them money to make more. Just too bad it was 60.

But that is marketing for you. Set at triple A price, best game release on Steam this year so far. Wasnt made by 100s or 1000 man team.
So they made $$$ without spending as much as they normally would have.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote