Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 06-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #31
hellspawn77
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod
Tony Cipriano, Clay Moore and Mat Falls (Sideshow) but never had the chance to see the work of the painters.
Glad to see you and your work around. Hope you plan on selling some pieces (Doom and Green Lantern for starters!)
Tony Cipriano... who? Never heard of him

I agree Danno is top in his class along with Rick and others that display their awesome paint slingin' talents on these boards!

Claudio
hellspawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:05 AM   #32
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

Hey Claudio, you are making me blush!

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #33
Strontium Dog
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I must admit that I am starting to buy more and more garage kits since I became aware of the treasures that are available. I don't build and paint them myself unfortunately as I know my limitations but I have found one of the most talented guys this side of the pond to do them for me (hi Aaron!).

To me garage kits generally offer far more variability in the poses and subject matter than the official statues. For example, could you ever imagine DC bringing out a 'Batman on the cross' statue, or anything as graphic as the 'Robin's Demise' kit? Definitely not! But that is the beauty of the garage kit industry, no subject or pose is taboo. Plus you can impart your own choice on the sculpt when it comes to the paint job.

Yes I'll still buy 'official' statues as there will always be something worth buying but I think most of my hard earned is going to be spent on garage kits for the forseeable future. Especially as long as the industry has the likes of Byron, Alterton, Jim Maddox, Mike Hill, Neil Harvey, Gabe Perna et al knocking out killer sculpts all the time (apologies to anyone I have not mentioned this is not an exhaustive list!).
Strontium Dog is offline   Reply With Quote