Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #61
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I think you mistake scary with people's opinions that this is a direct affront to Christianity. You know, the religion that a huge portion of the population actively follow and believe in.
Aaaannndd case in point! So, if this statue (and by default, the film it is derived from) is an affront to Christians - erm, why are they here?

I can respect someone's belief, no problem....I wouldn't buy this statue and walk into my local Church and insist that the Vicar displays it, on Sunday, in front of the congregation. By the same token, I think it's clear this statue (and film) is not marketed towards devout Christians....so I'll stay out of your Church if you stay out of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
dude... such a party pooper... so uncalled for, jeez... as though we are all telling horror stories and someone just turned the lights on and tries to ruin it... just having fun with the lore and getting at what frightens people...

Given this is a horror statue, if it doesn't scare or creep out anyone than it sucks and by saying it is creeping out people is in fact a major compliment to Prime 1 for doing great job since that was the entire point...

I don't know why some people just like to smash other people's cake...
Well, I'm all for the party, and you're right, the horror stories and creepy associations to this piece can be "entertaining"....I think some are over playing the creep angle given some of the products which have been and are still, on sale.

This nun looks tame compared to that stuff....at least her guts are on the inside
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #62
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The character is really creepy looking, but the movie was one of the most boring, unscary films I've ever seen.
It had to be, i watched it but can hardly remember the story.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #63
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Sexy AF!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Yeah this is hot, but all the upside down crosses is overkill for me.

It’s like wishing some bad juju on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Ever since having a very dirty dream about the Nun (don't ask), I find myself loving the Nun character. Not frightened by her at all, and would love her sexy ass in my collection. !
Sexy? y'all wild lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:38 PM   #64
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
It had to be, i watched it but can hardly remember the story.
That's because there was no story.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #65
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
That's because there was no story.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #66
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
No joke, I fell asleep in the movie theatre because I was so bored.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #67
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Of all the horror statues I've seen... I'm most repulsed by this one...

In regards to the previous discussion on the symbolism... symbols for anything require context and the context of this statue is evil... if Marvel or DC happens to use a symbol for some random civilization but it was also used back in the 12th century, we just ignore the 12th century meaning because it doesn't apply to the context...

Since this statue is from the story/world of The Conjuring, which is about demons, demonic possession and had main characters in the series who were demonologists... by having this statue is basically putting a large figure of a demon that possessed a nun with symbols around it (which from The Conjuring world context) are indeed demonic...

Additionally, The Conjuring world uses references from Goetia (17th century) which includes the practice of summoning demons and other spirits...

So... have fun with this one if it's in your house and just be prepared if someone sees it and wants to leave early... because I would...
This makes me worried now. Errr and I love the movies and horror. Imagine putting this in the bedroom and having delusions about having the eyes light up in the dark. I would blame everything that goes wrong in life on this statues presence.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM   #68
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
No joke, I fell asleep in the movie theatre because I was so bored.
Now that i think about it i think this nun character played in another movie(conjuring or insidious not sure), i don't believe i've seen the nun's movie. Good to know its boring looks like i'll be skipping it then.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #69
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This makes me worried now. Errr and I love the movies and horror. Imagine putting this in the bedroom and having delusions about having the eyes light up in the dark. I would blame everything that goes wrong in life on this statues presence.
I could never sleep with a statue like this, samara from the ring or the grudge statue in my room lol.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #70
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Now that i think about it i think this nun character played in another movie(conjuring or insidious not sure), i don't believe i've seen the nun's movie. Good to know its boring looks like i'll be skipping it then.
Yeah, she made her debut appearance in one of the Conjuring movies (2 I think) and people liked her so much they decided to create a whole plotless movie about her.