Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #1071
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I believe Sideshow do make two. A prototype and a paint master to send to China. May be wrong however..
Hey - you can rearrange all the words and it still makes sense

A prototype and a paint master to send to China do make two. However, I believe Sideshow may be wrong.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #1072
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

At first the leg armor didn't bother me much viewing from the front. But now it bothers me cuz viewing from the side it looks like the armor is protecting its knee cap...
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #1073
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeromanPunch View Post
At first the leg armor didn't bother me much viewing from the front. But now it bothers me cuz viewing from the side it looks like the armor is protecting its knee cap...
It's obviously (and substantially) wrong, which begs the question...how did this ever make it past Sideshow QC?
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #1074
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
It's obviously (and substantially) wrong, which begs the question...how did this ever make it past Sideshow QC?
Don't these things need approval from the licensor as well? If so how did it get past THOSE guys?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #1075
Barbarian
Jedi Order

A sideshow rep (Igo, I believe) stated during SDCC that the placement of the right leg armor was deliberate and would not be fixed. They meant to do it this way, so QC was definitely not involved. As far as the licencor letting it go, they obviously don't give a damn.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #1076
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:

Just so everyone following this thread is aware . . .

Back in July, I used the "Ask Sideshow" thread here to approach one of the Sideshow reps.

She kindly went to the "project team" folks. The posts are repeated below.

Whilst I appreciated the communication - and do NOT blame Alex - we still have this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Hi again Alex

Posting here as requested.

There were a number of concerns raised on the thread for the recently announced Predator 1/4 maquette.

We know the routine by now so can offer educated guesses about what will happen on most of these

The one that has pretty much everyone worried, and that could be easily fixed before production, is the position of the armour on his right thigh.

It is way too far forward and should be moved backwards to be in a similar position to the one on his left leg.
  • Was it accidentally glued on in the wrong position or was it intentionally put where it is?
  • If it was intentional - can this please be corrected before production?

Many thanks again - Ian/Spike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I inquired about this with the team in charge of the project and the thigh armor is in the intended spot they are meant to be at this point to look best with the cut and sew elements/stance of the piece and will not be changing.
Quote:
Hi Alex

Sincere thanks for your answer regarding the position of the right leg thigh armour on the upcoming Predator 1 1/4 maquette.

Please pass our concerns on to "the team in charge" AGAIN. ANYONE looking at this piece spots the error immediately. It stands out like a sore thumb.

If the Sideshow team read the comments on the maquette thread they will see how forum members feel about this mistake, which could be EASILY FIXED.

Please don't spoil this release like your team did on the Predator 2 maquette. Between this and the overlarge head (or skinny body), you will lose a LOT of potential customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
All concerns were passed along prior to my response in this thread, so the team very much aware.
Quote:
Thanks for the follow-up reply Alex.

However, we are obviously saddened to hear that despite the obvious error(s), the Sideshow team apparently do not see what we see (or don't care to change things).

Thanks again for trying for us though.
HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #1077
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
A sideshow rep (Igo, I believe) stated during SDCC that the placement of the right leg armor was deliberate and would not be fixed. They meant to do it this way.

Hey, we know it's wrong, but we wanted it that way.

jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #1078
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Hey, we know it's wrong, but we wanted it that way.

Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #1079
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Simple answer is don't buy it. It's wrong and looks looks awkward. Sideshow haven'tmanaged to do a Predator correctly in the last ten years so are unlikely to start now especially when people will pay high end prices despite glaring issues.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #1080
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I really really wanted to like this, but I just cant pull the trigger. Its just not the definitive Predator statue Im looking for.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote