Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #571
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm sorry thx this ain't about lens distortion. And this ain't about pics not doing justice. This is about proportions, and the proportions on the head compared to the torso look off.

You take good pictures, I challenge you to take pics that highlight your opinion.
Someone posted a video of the Predator maquette on page 54 of this thread, you should check it out, it gives a MUCH better perspective of it than pictures will, it's AWESOME!!!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #572
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Does anyone know if there will be both a regular and exclusive version of the Predator maquette, and if so, will the EX come with both the masked and unmasked head?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:56 PM   #573
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
The hilarious part if you fools keep telling SS

"I'll pay this Price"

So they keep taking MORE AND MORE of your money.

The reality is your an idiot to say I will pay $1200 for this piece. When you SHOULD SAY I will only pay $500 for this FLAWED STATUE.

FACT, this STATUE is FLAWED. So maybe you should SAY to SS on this forum.

I will PAY $2200 and let them listen to how dumb you are so you can give them more money your hard earned money. (Maybe you inherited it from mommy daddy or your grandparents so you have no idea how hard it is to generate wealth, so good job pissing it away)

I enjoy laughing at you when you have NO idea how to stop SS from ripping you a new one when a Venom that was a Quality piece cost $250 and now your paying $1200 for a messed up Predator.

I know better to not waste my money on a flawed piece, you two DON'T.

If I was going to pay over a GRAND on a statue it will be a XM piece.

New plan guys, let's all say this is rubbish and we're all 100% definitely, sincerely not buying it. That way Sideshow will only put a $250 price tag on it and this guys foolproof plan will have worked.

He may not have been here for the entire year or two when everybody brutally ripped into the P2 maquette which was still given a $1200 price tag (and sold out) But we'll forget about that little detail for now.

This statue is RUBBISH, XM 4 EVA (but not really)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #574
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Does anyone know if there will be both a regular and exclusive version of the Predator maquette, and if so, will the EX come with both the masked and unmasked head?Cheers!
Obviously none of us can officially answer that, but it seems fair to assume this will have an EX, but both heads will probably come with both versions as with the P2. There's room for some cool little exclusive items with this if they go that route. I look forward to seeing them.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #575
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
New plan guys, let's all say this is rubbish and we're all 100% definitely, sincerely not buying it. That way Sideshow will only put a $250 price tag on it and this guys foolproof plan will have worked.

He may not have been here for the entire year or two when everybody brutally ripped into the P2 maquette which was still given a $1200 price tag (and sold out) But we'll forget about that little detail for now.

This statue is RUBBISH, XM 4 EVA (but not really)
If by sold out you mean the ES was cut short because of a lack of sales(as I understand it), then yes.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #576
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
If by sold out you mean the ES was cut short because of a lack of sales(as I understand it), then yes.
Nobody knows that for sure outside of Sideshow, it probably sold out when everybody caught on to that 20% discount.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #577
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:

"I'll pay this Price"

The reality is your an idiot to say I will pay $1200 for this piece. When you SHOULD SAY I will only pay $500 for this FLAWED STATUE.

I will PAY $2200 and let them listen to how dumb you are so you can give them more money your hard earned money. (Maybe you inherited it from mommy daddy or your grandparents so you have no idea how hard it is to generate wealth, so good job pissing it away)

I enjoy laughing at you when you have NO idea how to stop SS from ripping you a new one when a Venom that was a Quality piece cost $250 and now your paying $1200 for a messed up Predator.

I'm not taking sides but I really like the way this collector thinks. btw love the killer instinct series with wildcats and cyber force from image comics. How I miss those good art days.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #578
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:

"I'll pay this Price"

The price of this piece was almost definitely set in stone before it was even previewed. Saying you will only pay $800 will do nothing to change that. The ONLY way to affect the price is to somehow coordinate a global boycott on SS Predator statues, that cause them to retain their stock over the course of several releases. That might cause the price to drop, or it might just cause them to abandon Predator statues. But saying you will or won't pay the price here will do nothing.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #579
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:

"I'll pay this Price"

*You're an idiot

Please remind me where I said I was buying it?
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #580
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Someone posted a video of the Predator maquette on page 54 of this thread, you should check it out, it gives a MUCH better perspective of it than pictures will, it's AWESOME!!!
It looks exactly the damn same LOL. I was kind of happy to check this vid and walked away even angrier about SS's lack of care for it's products when a sculpt is off.

Look, the head of a Predator is large. But it was never like a bobblehead. Col did a good quick photoshop of this on the other forum with proper scale. It looked amazing.(I have not gone through every post here to know if he posted here or not) I would step over every last one of you to have gotten the first preorder on THAT.

But no, I'm not getting that. I'm getting bobblehead Predator. I can live with waiting for my discount before I pre-order
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote