Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #81
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeniac View Post
Well, they are ALL being imported to the states these days but they're usually several months behind JAPAN. And you may miss out on them if they're limited.
I believe America has being selective on PVCs, they usually don't import those more provocative ones and some real Japanese oriented stuff.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #82
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLeagueChu View Post
There is no company label on the box or statue either. The box just has a black and white photo of the statue on the front , and the box is plain white all around. That's it!
Thanks for the info.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:19 AM   #83
riderV3

Finally took everything out of the box, here's the bust that based on Yamash!ta's art work.
This will be available in America soon, I got mine in Japan for 6000 yan which is about $55, figure it's not too bad a deal so bought it.

Sorry for the bad photo, just a quick shot with my ultra-lame cell phone camera...

It's an extremely well done bust, it's also the first time I'm so satisfied with the skin tone on a Japanese bust/statue.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #84
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I ordered that in Previews 2 months ago! So sexy. My 1st anime statue. I've already seen resin kits of her on ebay lol.....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #85
chromesamurai
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Animeniac, that Asuka from the knees up bust is awesome. I had only seen the Rei.

Also, my little cousin ordered a kit of the Asuka on the wall a long time ago from eBay. He wanted me to paint it. It looked friggin awful. None of the pieces matched up right and there was flash EVERYWHERE! Yet another great reason not to support those recaster bums. It's a shame too, cause yours looks authentic and the piece is actually really good. I wish I was able to paint it.
chromesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #86
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromesamurai View Post
Animeniac, that Asuka from the knees up bust is awesome. I had only seen the Rei.

Also, my little cousin ordered a kit of the Asuka on the wall a long time ago from eBay. He wanted me to paint it. It looked friggin awful. None of the pieces matched up right and there was flash EVERYWHERE! Yet another great reason not to support those recaster bums. It's a shame too, cause yours looks authentic and the piece is actually really good. I wish I was able to paint it.
My brother found those Asuka & Rei in a LCS for $30 each, a super steal...
Both were produced by Kaiyodo a LONG time ago.

That LCS is a chain store, the guy who checked the price for us was also surprised by how cheap they are and since he's not even the owner of the store, he just didn't care and sold the busts to us without any question.

We're lucky, he said the busts were reserved for someone but the guy never pick them up($199.99 each, I wonder why...), so the system just mark the price down automatically.

Both busts were very very nicely done and the paint job is flawless, beautiful pieces.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:27 AM   #87
Force101
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeniac View Post
These are on top of my computer desk. 2 of them are the 1/5 scale "To Heart 2 X-Rated" figures on both ends, one with bra and other topless!
Holy crap!! Amazing collection you have there Animeniac. You have some very sexy figures! I saw the shelf full of them on the other page too. I love those two 'Two Heart' statues. Hot :P.

I'm thinking of getting either Bome's Oni-Musume III: http://www.gamekult.com/pic/blog/77588_3.jpg

Or the Queens Blade Echidna Ekidona black version: http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a6/33/37da_1.JPG

What do you guys think? And also which one do you think looks better out of the white Oni-Musume and yellow one?
Force101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:28 AM   #88
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force101 View Post
Holy crap!! Amazing collection you have there Animeniac. You have some very sexy figures! I saw the shelf full of them on the other page too. I love those two 'Two Heart' statues. Hot :P.

I'm thinking of getting either Bome's Oni-Musume III: http://www.gamekult.com/pic/blog/77588_3.jpg

Or the Queens Blade Echidna Ekidona black version: http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a6/33/37da_1.JPG

What do you guys think? And also which one do you think looks better out of the white Oni-Musume and yellow one?
I tried to be a Bome completist but gave up due to so many varaints..
But still, I have almost very single one of them(think I omitted one or two) and liked them all, so if you like Oni Musume, go for it.

And I have the original ver of that Queen's Blade Echidona, it's a decent figure and I was kinda upset when they said there's going to be a dark ver...which looks better than the original IMO...
As long as it's not over-prised(should be around $50), go for it.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #89
Force101
Frackin!

Cool. Thanks for the info rider. I think I'm just gonna get the Bome one for now. The Queens Blade one is gonna end up costing me around $100 alltogether cause I'm in Australia. Now for the colour of Oni Musume. White or yellow?
Force101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #90
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force101 View Post
Cool. Thanks for the info rider. I think I'm just gonna get the Bome one for now. The Queens Blade one is gonna end up costing me around $100 alltogether cause I'm in Australia. Now for the colour of Oni Musume. White or yellow?
Rugualr color, yellow!