Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post
Thanks Glass, I was just wondering why the Wizard universe is not a good place 2 buy from?
I'v enever bought from them before....

But the company (GG) is RETARDED!!!!!!!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2215 View Post
Want one?

Just pay $440.00 more of retail value to Wizard Universe and it is all yours!

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/aug079011.html
Is this company an official AD for Gentle Giant, if so, I don't think that they should be allowed to sell retail product for drastically inflated prices then. This would be enough for me to boycott the store entirely. I could understand paying a premium to another collector who was "lucky" enough to get no. 1, but to a AD. I don't think so. I don't think I would buy anything from them just based on principal.
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #13
Slave1Pilot
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

OMFG. I just realized that they are an AD and in fact this is a wizard exclusive.

So let me get this straight ... they have made arrangements with GG to have an exclusive mini-bust made for them, and then have hand-picked out the first 5 and are charging a premium for them. Was this part of the contract with GG ???
2000 mini-busts at $60 each sums to $120 000. I guess they don't expect to sell them all because they are risking the bad reputation of being scalpers/gougers for an grand total of $1125 extra (0.93 % of the total revenue potential), that is if the first 5 sell for their requested premium.

I have never complained about GG before because I am simply just sick of listening to everybody complain and continue to purchase their product. I am sure everybody is aware that the problem is that the majority of consumers doesn't stand up and realize that they do have a voice with their spending dollar and there is not much that needs to be said reagarding that. This issue may have more to do with with Wizard than GG but GG have to have some accountability for the actions of their ADs with regards to their product.

... here it is in a nutshell ...

BUYING ONE OF THESE AND SUPPORTING A DEALER WHO IS ATTEMPTING THIS IS JUST PLAIN &;?%#!

This kind of stuff can only have a negative impact on the collecting community. No matter how desperately I want a Obi-Wan night light, I would not buy one of these for 5 bucks and I hope nobody else will.

Anybody on these forums who actually buys one of these, please don't be offended by my comments, its just another opinion.
Slave1Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave1Pilot View Post
OMFG. I just realized that they are an AD and in fact this is a wizard exclusive.

So let me get this straight ... they have made arrangements with GG to have an exclusive mini-bust made for them, and then have hand-picked out the first 5 and are charging a premium for them. Was this part of the contract with GG ???
2000 mini-busts at $60 each sums to $120 000. I guess they don't expect to sell them all because they are risking the bad reputation of being scalpers/gougers for an grand total of $1125 extra (0.93 % of the total revenue potential), that is if the first 5 sell for their requested premium.

I have never complained about GG before because I am simply just sick of listening to everybody complain and continue to purchase their product. I am sure everybody is aware that the problem is that the majority of consumers doesn't stand up and realize that they do have a voice with their spending dollar and there is not much that needs to be said reagarding that. This issue may have more to do with with Wizard than GG but GG have to have some accountability for the actions of their ADs with regards to their product.

... here it is in a nutshell ...

BUYING ONE OF THESE AND SUPPORTING A DEALER WHO IS ATTEMPTING THIS IS JUST PLAIN &;?%#!

This kind of stuff can only have a negative impact on the collecting community. No matter how desperately I want a Obi-Wan night light, I would not buy one of these for 5 bucks and I hope nobody else will.

Anybody on these forums who actually buys one of these, please don't be offended by my comments, its just another opinion.
well said.

these actions speak tons of the lack of integrity and credibility of the company who makes the products themselves.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2215 View Post
Want one?

Just pay $440.00 more of retail value to Wizard Universe and it is all yours!

http://wizarduniverse.stores.yahoo.net/aug079011.html
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #16
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

wow, that's nuts.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

lame.

as lame as GG is.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #18
darthrobbler
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

cr@p.
darthrobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #19
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I wouldn't pay retail for #1 - this exclusive sucks anyways
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:33 AM   #20
Darth Mystery
Loki

I HATE exclusives, they are not fair!
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote