Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #21
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave1Pilot View Post
OMFG. I just realized that they are an AD and in fact this is a wizard exclusive.

So let me get this straight ... they have made arrangements with GG to have an exclusive mini-bust made for them, and then have hand-picked out the first 5 and are charging a premium for them. Was this part of the contract with GG ???
2000 mini-busts at $60 each sums to $120 000. I guess they don't expect to sell them all because they are risking the bad reputation of being scalpers/gougers for an grand total of $1125 extra (0.93 % of the total revenue potential), that is if the first 5 sell for their requested premium.

I have never complained about GG before because I am simply just sick of listening to everybody complain and continue to purchase their product. I am sure everybody is aware that the problem is that the majority of consumers doesn't stand up and realize that they do have a voice with their spending dollar and there is not much that needs to be said reagarding that. This issue may have more to do with with Wizard than GG but GG have to have some accountability for the actions of their ADs with regards to their product.

... here it is in a nutshell ...

BUYING ONE OF THESE AND SUPPORTING A DEALER WHO IS ATTEMPTING THIS IS JUST PLAIN &;?%#!.

This kind of stuff can only have a negative impact on the collecting community. No matter how desperately I want a Obi-Wan night light, I would not buy one of these for 5 bucks and I hope nobody else will.

Anybody on these forums who actually buys one of these, please don't be offended by my comments, its just another opinion.
No comment.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:56 AM   #22
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Greed....
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
Igo
Producer
Producer

Im pretty sure this wasnt written in a contract with GG to go down this way, that doesnt make any sense at all

It's Wizards deal for doing what they want with GGs product, especially their own exclusive, and it's up to GG to deal with it accordingly.

Saying this is GG's fault, with only the assumption that they went in on this deal for it to go down this way, is what is retarded.

You guys can be pissed at GG for making another exclusive all you want, and some of you will be pissed at them and voice it 10 times in the same thread no matter what, but you cant be pissed at GG for this happening unless it happens again with Wizard IMO.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
Darth Mystery
Loki

Anybody bought one of these???
I'd love to see more pictures.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #25
rac1275
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I bought from Wizard once about a year ago and let me say NEVER AGAIN! They took almost 3 weeks to ship out my IN STOCK item and when it arrived it was broken! Plus as you can see their prices are insane as Crazy Eddie would say.
rac1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #26
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Im pretty sure this wasnt written in a contract with GG to go down this way, that doesnt make any sense at all

It's Wizards deal for doing what they want with GGs product, especially their own exclusive, and it's up to GG to deal with it accordingly.

Saying this is GG's fault, with only the assumption that they went in on this deal for it to go down this way, is what is retarded.

You guys can be pissed at GG for making another exclusive all you want, and some of you will be pissed at them and voice it 10 times in the same thread no matter what, but you cant be pissed at GG for this happening unless it happens again with Wizard IMO.
did you look at the bowen product? same thing. they are price gouging people!!
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #27
The Dark Side
Death is hereditary.

It a shame as it's a good bust, but it's Ben Kenobi in the after life still grabbing for his light sabre? No rest for the poor jedi.
The Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #28
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

shame on you wizard, shame on you

Shame on you GG, shame on you

shame shame shame shame shame
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #29
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
did you look at the bowen product? same thing. they are price gouging people!!
So is Bowen evil too? Common denominator... Wizard. I quit buying that magazine 5 years ago and I dont miss it a bit. I refuse to support Wizard and this is just another example why.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #30
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
So is Bowen evil too? Common denominator... Wizard. I quit buying that magazine 5 years ago and I dont miss it a bit. I refuse to support Wizard and this is just another example why.
didn't say bowen was or GG. wizard is doing it. I bet I haven't looked a wizard mag since they cut out the price guide many years ago, and I was a subscriber for years before that

the main companies probably think they are going to sell it for retail, not 2 or 3 times above it
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote