Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #2691
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
One can only speculate what else they have up their sleeve for SDCC. This here is a show stopper as is.
I have a feeling this may be the year for the master of magnetism... thats the only thing that can top this i think
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #2692
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
One can only speculate what else they have up their sleeve for SDCC. This here is a show stopper as is.
Hopefully for you and me it's a Flash reveal with a prnding P.O. that'd check another off my list.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #2693
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I have a feeling this may be the year for the master of magnetism... thats the only thing that can top this i think
Pretty sure your right.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #2694
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knight View Post
Everyone is talking about finally all spending their reward points. This might hurt Sideshow or maybe thats the reason of this price.
Lol, I think that was perhaps part of the idea behind teasing the statue so far in advance and trying to brace people for the high price point. Get them ready to cash in their rewards points and holiday gift cards. Clean out the built up inventory.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #2695
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by takaboi View Post
You don't see QC improved?
Have you been buying their statues the past year?
Red Sonja, Cap Marvel, Super girl, Phoenix, lobo, both Spidey....just to name a few.
Yeah, there is just no comparison between the Sideshow we had 2 years ago and the Sideshow we have today. 2016 (plus the first 2 months of 2017 due to delays) was an absolutely STELLAR year with just one amazing announcement/release after another. Red Sonja, Dark Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Skeletor, Purgatori, Green Goblin, Spider-Man, Lobo, Pfieffer Catwoman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Shard, He-Man, etc. Not to mention the amazing designs for statues that havent shipped yet including Groot and Rocket, Cleopsis, The Huntress, Bane, Carnage, Jane Foster Thor, etc.

I honestly don't understand how people can even begin to equate this company to what it was 2 years back. The difference is nothing short of mind blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
yep. This isn't a collectors hobby anymore. At these prices it's a lifestyle. I'm sad about this direction. Make two versions where one has the crazy throne at $1200 and another has a more toned down version at $799. This piece is beautiful but not affordable.

It's a lot of money. A lot.
Its important to note that this is NOT a premium format piece. Its a maqeutte. The normal pricing for Sideshow PF's remains in the $500 range. Just because Sideshow releases a maqeutte every once in awhile that has a really high price tag does not mean that this is only a hobby for the rich now. Even someone who makes a modest living can still afford to buy a couple pieces a year, at least if he is smart with his money and isn't spending $100 at the bar every weekend or up to his ears in credit card debt. I am FAR from being rich and I added to my collection substantially over the last year. I don't know, maybe different people have very different definitions on what rich means.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #2696
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
That's it. I'm boned.

This doesn't bode well. Wonder what SS thinks they can charge for THAT?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #2697
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
didnt really think about it that way but youre right

direct comparison at $1200:

prime1 EVA 01
Size approximately 30 inches tall
LED light up function on heads
One (1) pair of arms holding a rifle
One (1) pair of arms for interchangeable hand
One (1) left-hand normal form
One (1) right-hand normal form
One (1) left hand running form
One (1) right hand running form
One (1) left hand holding knife
One (1) right hand holding knife
Two (2) alternate portraits
One (1) exclusive alternate portrait
Thats effed man. What the heck 1200! Wow. At least put up a weight SS. This thing BETTER be more than 20kgs. And dont listen to those weight haters (which you will anyways cause you make more bank that way) Make it a statue
Guarantee no one will complain about a heavy solid full statue. Theyll be stoked amd will go and buy a better display.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #2698
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Oh I hope so.

After much thought, I think I will end up passing on this piece. It is absolutely gorgeous and highly detailed.

However, I cannot justify spending $1,200 (over three months of car payments) plus shipping on this when SDCC is a few months away and I know there will be some amazing pieces coming soon. Plus, I have the XM Thanos (though Sideshow's is just as amazing, if not more so) and don't need two 1/4 scales of him in my collection.

Plus, as I said before, I find it quite disappointing that at this price point, they couldn't include the arm resting on the throne that was shown quite clearly in the very first teaser photo.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #2699
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's it. I'm boned.

This doesn't bode well. Wonder what SS thinks they can charge for THAT?
When Igo hinted at it a couple months ago that was the third thing I wondered. Good thing he isn't on my list.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:30 PM   #2700
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

"And what would you little boys like for Christmas?"

Not mine, taken from Facebook, from a hilarious individual.