Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #101
protector2814
Phoenix

Solomon Kane, Red Shadows part 2 of 4.

W/o a doubt the bloodiest, most violent, pure Solomon as the "lone wolf" issue that Dark Horse has put out since they started publishing Kane stories. This was a fantastic issue and the art by Rahsan Ekedal w/ Bruce Jones' script was just perfect. Buy this issue if you're a Solomon fan!

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #102
protector2814
Phoenix

2nd issue's hit. The El Borak story (starring Thomas Jane as Borak ) was very good. Way different than Conan, Kull or Kane, Borak is more of a military strategy appreciation tale w/ blood. The rest of the book, including the Dark Agnes/Red Sonja story which concludes, was fun w/ the Conan story still kind of underwhelming. Still, worth a buy.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #103
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

THis issue was ok compared to the last one.. I'd keep on buyin tho. Barbarian's Ahoy!
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #104
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
THis issue was ok compared to the last one.. I'd keep on buyin tho. Barbarian's Ahoy!
Agreed.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #105
Glyphs
Doh!

Hey guys! The eComic I have been working on could be of interest. It's drawn by Thony Silas and is available on the iTunes Store. It's for iPhone and iPad only for now, but the free preview is beginning on October the 17th. The address is here: http://www.ragewebsite.com
Glyphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #106
Babytoxie
Ghost

The recent Savage Sword of Kull Volume 2 contains Kull's backup stories from SSoC, and man is it good. These are real gems, with lots of great art by Geoff Isherwood, Dale Eaglesham, Ernie Chan, and others. It's odd how the quality of the Conan stories was going downhill in the early '80s, but Kull had a resurgence.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #107
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
The recent Savage Sword of Kull Volume 2 contains Kull's backup stories from SSoC, and man is it good. These are real gems, with lots of great art by Geoff Isherwood, Dale Eaglesham, Ernie Chan, and others. It's odd how the quality of the Conan stories was going downhill in the early '80s, but Kull had a resurgence.
I saw this at the ole' LCS and was tempted. Have most of this stuff in long boxes ... but I'm lazy. You're review gives me an excuse. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #108
Babytoxie
Ghost

Well alrighty!

So Dynamite's Red Sonja series is hit or miss? I haven't been keen on the majority of Dynamite's titles, so I'm hesitant, but I'm considering getting the first omnibus.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #109
protector2814
Phoenix

It's been runing for a long while. I wanna say at least 5+ years. I'm no longer buying it, for purely financial reasons. I can't justify dropping dough on such a hit or miss title. I will say that the early issues were fantastic. You had some killer mini's. The Frank Cho one was fantastic. But, there were some stinkers too like the 2 Thulsa Doom ones. The Queen Sonja long mini was great on what I read. Bottom line, it's been great and it's sucked. I've even picked up issues for the covers alone. Flip through trades at the lcs. When it was /is good, it's a great sword n sorcery read.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #110
Babytoxie
Ghost

Thanks. The preview pages of RS Omnibus vol. 1 on Amazon look really good.

I'm suprised we haven't seen more reprints of sword and sorcery from the big 2. I'm still waiting on a second Warlord Showcase.

We were supposed to get a Groo Omnibus from Dark Horse some time back, but i haven't heard anything about it since it was solicited.

And why can't an American publisher work out a deal to print an Asterix collection - not those thin, single story volumes, but a BIG one.